1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Shooter Benny Marr passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Lyons, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Lyons

Jim Lyons TS Member

Benny Marr, 85, of Chandlerville, died on January 26 at 9:30 a.m. at St. John's hospital hospice care.
    Graveside services will be held Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Bethel Cemetery in rural Chandlerville. Michael Mibb will officiate. Following the services, a luncheon will be held at the Legion Hall in Chandlerville.
    Online memorial messages may be left for the family at www.hurleyfh.com.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Mr. Marrs family our in my thoughts

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

One of the first guys I met when I started back in '91. Always made you feel at home and had an interesting story to tell. Should have spent more time talking with him. Godspeed Benny, we'll miss you.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I was blessed to spend a fair amount of time with Benny. Quick with a story he was a character of the first order. I can't remember ever seeing him without a pocket full of cheap cigars and rarely when he wasn't smoking one. He was a tough old bird and a fierce competitor throughout his seventh decade.

With his passing, the world has lost some of its color.

When I kick the bucket, I can only hope someone will describe me as a "good old man" with the same respect and affection I have for Benny.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.