Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLINOIS POLITICIANS ----- At It Again

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  spitter 
#1 ·
ILLINOIS POLITICIANS…………… They Never Quit

Lisa Madigian, (Democrat) Illinois Attorney General and daughter of the (Democrat and major power broker in the Chicago/Cook County "machine") Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives, has issued a ruling that the names of all Illinois FOID cards holders are public information and should be released to media outlets requesting the information.

FOID registration, issuance of FOID cards and maintenance of the firearms owners’ records is the duty of the Illinois State Police. The ISP openly opposes Madigian’s ruling and are reportedly ready to oppose her order in court.

Illinois gun owners and FOID card holders, who are required by law to register with the State Police in order to obtain a FOID card, are actively opposing Madigian’s ruling with a campaign of support for legislative action to outlaw disclosure of such private, registration information.

Illinois gun owners and FOID card holders need your help

1. Call Madigian’s office - Tell them you oppose this assult on Illinois gun owners' privacy.
Springfield – 217 782-1090
Chicago – 312 814-3000

2. Call Illinois Governor Quinn’s office - Tell them you oppose this assult on Illinois gun owners' privacy.
Springfield – 217 782-0244
Chicago – 312 814-2121

3. Contact the ATA’s Executive Committee at the ATA’s Offices in Vandalia.
Request that the ATA officially and formally advise the State of Illinois that on the day that Madigian’s public disclosure ruling takes effect the ATA will sever all ties with the WSRC in Sparta and move all national ATA activities to another state.

Yes, that’s a drastic step…………, but an attack on gun owners as drastic as this one demands a drastic response.

We all knew Illinois was a very gun UNFRIENDLY state. Now, in the words of Benjamin Franklin………, ”We must all hang together, or surely we will all hang separately. It’s Illinois today………, your state may be next!!!

CLE RECTOR
Wheaton, IL

See less See more
#6 ·
Bruce-

I may not even make it that long...I love this State but hate what is becoming of it....I will miss my Seneca Hunt Club that is for sure! Next they will want make all of the guns we own and serial numbers of guns registered in IL public domain!!! I am soooo HOT about this right now I can't stand it!!!!

#8 ·
Made My calls and read the IL site to get info on HB 7 and SB 27 that oppose this Lisa Madigan-Daley sh#t. Found out that Pam Roth (75th Dist. Rep) co sponsored an opposition bill to Madigans ignorance! I thanked her for that! Call your Senators and Reps today and do not forget ILLINOIS GUN OWNERS LOBY DAY on March 10th. We need to take the message face to face.

Jim O

#10 ·
After I thought about this for a while I realized I do not give a damn if they publish my name as a Il gun owner. Everyone around here knows anyway. Put it in the paper, on the news with my picture, heck I may make a sign and put it in the front yard...Gun Owner Lives Here! Maybe then the traveling steak salesmen will pass me by.

Those that do not have a FOID or a gun, should be more worried.

#11 ·
Are you crazy? People that don't have FOID'S are off the grid and not in the Data Base and many of them will have guns anyway! To be an outlaw means just that...To operate outside the law....The last thing you want is a criminal knowing you have guns and your not home....That is real easy to figure out once they know where you live!!

#12 ·
Luckymans right. Get the list of us who own which makes finding an address a piece of cake. Then the bastards sit down the road and learn your schedule. It don't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. These crooks will have a field day.

Matt

#18 ·
2:40 PM CT
Just spoke to my State Senator's office.
The Bill introduced in the House to keep FOID info confidential was voted down in Committee today.
The Bill introduced in the State Senate is still alive and may pass. If it does, then it will be in Speaker Madigan's lap whether to call the Bill or not. He will need a lot of public pressure to do so.

The media here locally isn't talking about this.

I encourage all my Illinois friends to stay on top of this and call your appropriate Reps and Senators.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

#20 ·
Made some calls of my own as well as sent some letters. When does this sh!t stop in this State? Are the votes of us Gun owners even being counted? I feel like we are on a hillside during a mudslide. I'm about to take my family and make a mass exodus from this communist State. I use to take pride that i lived in Southern IL and not Chicago. Now its starting to seem like it doesn't matter.

Matt

#23 ·
Connelly is my guy from IL 48 and I asked him to co-sponsor... all the Dems on that committee are not only from Cook, but also Chicago... Nekritz is from DesPlaines...

HB148 Concealed Carry went to committee...

regards,

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.