1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ILLINOIS POLITICIANS ----- At It Again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cle, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle

cle Member

ILLINOIS POLITICIANS…………… They Never Quit

Lisa Madigian, (Democrat) Illinois Attorney General and daughter of the (Democrat and major power broker in the Chicago/Cook County "machine") Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives, has issued a ruling that the names of all Illinois FOID cards holders are public information and should be released to media outlets requesting the information.

FOID registration, issuance of FOID cards and maintenance of the firearms owners’ records is the duty of the Illinois State Police. The ISP openly opposes Madigian’s ruling and are reportedly ready to oppose her order in court.

Illinois gun owners and FOID card holders, who are required by law to register with the State Police in order to obtain a FOID card, are actively opposing Madigian’s ruling with a campaign of support for legislative action to outlaw disclosure of such private, registration information.

Illinois gun owners and FOID card holders need your help

1. Call Madigian’s office - Tell them you oppose this assult on Illinois gun owners' privacy.
    Springfield – 217 782-1090
    Chicago – 312 814-3000

2. Call Illinois Governor Quinn’s office - Tell them you oppose this assult on Illinois gun owners' privacy.
    Springfield – 217 782-0244
    Chicago – 312 814-2121

3. Contact the ATA’s Executive Committee at the ATA’s Offices in Vandalia.
    Request that the ATA officially and formally advise the State of Illinois that on the day that Madigian’s public disclosure ruling takes effect the ATA will sever all ties with the WSRC in Sparta and move all national ATA activities to another state.

Yes, that’s a drastic step…………, but an attack on gun owners as drastic as this one demands a drastic response.

We all knew Illinois was a very gun UNFRIENDLY state. Now, in the words of Benjamin Franklin………, ”We must all hang together, or surely we will all hang separately. It’s Illinois today………, your state may be next!!!

CLE RECTOR
    Wheaton, IL

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

This is downright crazy!!!! Only in IL!!!! I just called everyone on the list....These people need to be thrown out!!!!!! Lets hammer them people!!!

3. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

With 1.3 million FOID card holders we should be able to throw these #%$&*holes out but they keep getting re-elected

4. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

The problem is allot of those FOID card owners are UNION!! NEED I SAY MORE! This is the precise reason why Unions need to be ERADICATED!

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Madigan = Moron, even tho the Democrats in power think Illinois is a country un to itself it is not. This is a right to privacy issue and Lisa not unlike her moron father need to run out of the state. two more years and I'm gone!

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Bruce-

I may not even make it that long...I love this State but hate what is becoming of it....I will miss my Seneca Hunt Club that is for sure! Next they will want make all of the guns we own and serial numbers of guns registered in IL public domain!!! I am soooo HOT about this right now I can't stand it!!!!

7. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Just made the calls. Thanks for the info Cle

8. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Made My calls and read the IL site to get info on HB 7 and SB 27 that oppose this Lisa Madigan-Daley sh#t. Found out that Pam Roth (75th Dist. Rep) co sponsored an opposition bill to Madigans ignorance! I thanked her for that! Call your Senators and Reps today and do not forget ILLINOIS GUN OWNERS LOBY DAY on March 10th. We need to take the message face to face.

Jim O

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Emailed the two (2) reps and the two (2) senators for my town. Understand the HB7 did not make it out of committee... did not hear about SB27...

Jay

10. RLC323

RLC323 Member

After I thought about this for a while I realized I do not give a damn if they publish my name as a Il gun owner. Everyone around here knows anyway. Put it in the paper, on the news with my picture, heck I may make a sign and put it in the front yard...Gun Owner Lives Here! Maybe then the traveling steak salesmen will pass me by.

Those that do not have a FOID or a gun, should be more worried.

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Are you crazy? People that don't have FOID'S are off the grid and not in the Data Base and many of them will have guns anyway! To be an outlaw means just that...To operate outside the law....The last thing you want is a criminal knowing you have guns and your not home....That is real easy to figure out once they know where you live!!

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Luckymans right. Get the list of us who own which makes finding an address a piece of cake. Then the bastards sit down the road and learn your schedule. It don't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. These crooks will have a field day.

Matt

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm planning to leave Illinois. Too expensive to live there. I'm ashamed of the state I once loved.

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Lisa Madigan is as qualified to make this judgement as i am to do brain surgery. She is nothing more than an experiment that went wrong. She and Durbin are the next bags of trash that need taken out.

15. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Take a few minutes and make the calls. We need all the help we can get !

16. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

The ruling apparently was made in response to a request by the Associated Press. What I aim to do is call the AP and ask why they think they need that info.

Calls made. Bills introduced. Thx Cle

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

17. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

IF THIS MEASURE IS PASSED I AM MOVING OUT OF THE STATE! I WILL TAKE ALL OF MY GUNS AND MOVE TO TEXAS...

18. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

2:40 PM CT
    Just spoke to my State Senator's office.
    The Bill introduced in the House to keep FOID info confidential was voted down in Committee today.
    The Bill introduced in the State Senate is still alive and may pass. If it does, then it will be in Speaker Madigan's lap whether to call the Bill or not. He will need a lot of public pressure to do so.

The media here locally isn't talking about this.

I encourage all my Illinois friends to stay on top of this and call your appropriate Reps and Senators.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

19. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Sign the petition sponsored by the Illinois Republican Party.
    at
    http://www.weareillinois.org/connect/newsDetail.aspx?newsID=11321

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Made some calls of my own as well as sent some letters. When does this sh!t stop in this State? Are the votes of us Gun owners even being counted? I feel like we are on a hillside during a mudslide. I'm about to take my family and make a mass exodus from this communist State. I use to take pride that i lived in Southern IL and not Chicago. Now its starting to seem like it doesn't matter.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.