1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Northern Zone Director Election

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by happy, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy

happy Member

Norm Gilmoure here, After weeks of deliberation on this decision I will run for the northern Illinois directors position. I was asked some years ago and due to my traveling to other shoots I felt I could not do the job then and run my vending buisness. Since starting a store I'm still busy but am not traveling as before and feel I'll have the time to give back to the sport that has given me so much since 1975. For those that know me please tell other shooters about me. I have shot at most northern Illinois clubs and many in central Illinois. I have travelled around the central states over the last 6 years and have enjoyed all the state shoots and friends I have met. CAUTION I can't stand cheaters,sandbaggers and thiefs. I have run my own buisnesses and have helped my own club Downers Grove throw some great ATA shoots. If anyone has questions about certain issues send me an Email or stop by the store and shoot the bull. Store phone is 815-942-2788.. This sport is one of the greatest ever made and I can see tough times ahead both with the economy and with future memberships. I only hope I can shoot till I'm a senior Vet and still enjoy this freedom. Thanks for all that would consider voting for me and I'll respect those that don't, Remember freedom of choice hasn't been taken away yet. Norman Gilmoure Life member ATA, ITA, NRA,and ISTA.

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Hi Norm, Don Kerce here. Who are you running against or is it an open position. Just wondering, as I am an old Illinois shooter.

3. DGSCAA

DGSCAA TS Member

Rumor has it that you are runing against rick gibbs from downers...if thats the case im behind you 110%

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Norm, you have my full support. I may not always agree with you, but I always know where you stand and that you will make a good argument for your stance.<br>
    I also know you would give someone in need the shirt off your back. Good luck, Harv Shell.

5. Harv Shell

up for Norm

6. happy

happy Member

I'm running for a position not against anyone. norm

7. DGSCAA

DGSCAA TS Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows when you can vote is it both saturday and sunday or just one of those days? thanks

8. Harv Shell

It's usually between 100's of the Singles event, that would be Sunday.

9. happy

happy Member

I asked Jim Matteson the same ? last week as I thought this had been worked out before. We thought there was a bylaw as to when the votes were taken But it didn't seem fair to not allow shooters to vote on saturday if they are unable to make the shoot Sunday and have their votes count. I think the Directors will make a desision about this by the shoot. This is an issue that I would like to see changed so any shooters vote would count either day. Norm

10. happy

happy Member

The vote will be on sunday. No change can be made this year. Once again I would appreiciate any votes and will try and do my best if ellected. NORM GILMOURE Any ???? email me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.