1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois legislation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FelixD, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelixD

FelixD Member

News from Springfield - May 23
    SB1007 passes out of committee

Today SB1007 , the Kotowski magazine ban, passed out of the Executive Committee with 7 yeas, 4 nays, and 2 not voting. This can be looked at as a 7-6 margin, which is a very close vote in this Committee. We could see this bill on the House Floor as soon as Friday.

Please call your state representatives as soon as possible either at their Springfield office or their local District office and ask them to vote against SB1007.

BTW-This is more than just magazines. Read the proposed law for complete details.

2. incognito

incognito TS Member

Don't you know that unless the bill specifically says that it bans "trap guns" no one here cares!

By the time they get around to specifically banning trap guns, trapshooters will be such a tiny minority that our guns will be taken without much notice. So many on this site have no regard for the 2nd Amendment unless it affects the sort of gun they want to shoot. It's all about THEM. Other types of guns and other gun owners' rights don't matter to them, and you will even see them write things like, "We don't need those sorts of guns," or "if they bring that sort of gun to our club they will be told to leave." Well guess what. In the end that sort of attitude will be the downfall and loss of all our rights. It doesn't matter if it's Olympic, ATA, NSSA, NSCA, black rifles, or a man in Idaho with a .45 on his hip, it's all about our 2nd Amendment rights. Some here realize that, but I'm afraid the majority do not.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Geeze Ingaglido ... it sure sounds like somebody pee'd in your Cheerios this morning.

4. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

FYI,
    Springfield Report for May 24

Today we worked on shoring up our support against SB1007. The anti-gunners were out in full force. I would think we would see a vote on either the magazine bill or the private sales bill soon.

We are also assured that we will be going into an extended session. That means all the antigun bills will be extended. Contrary to popular belief extended sessions do not require a three fifths majority to pass. The three fifths majority only involves when the law become effective. If the law is to become effective immediately that would involve a three fifths majority.

This fight is a long way from over. Thank you for your support.

Please post this report to the bulletin boards that you visit.

You're already a member of the ISRA, right? If not, click here and join us.
    Please get a friend to join.

Richard A. Pearson

Roger

5. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I hate this damn state I live in...

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

CALL your legislators.

If you don't help to oppose anti-gun legislation, you may as well turn yours in and join the other side.

Those of you out there who still cling to the belief that "It won't affect my trap gun" are seriously part of the problem

7. FelixD

FelixD Member

Antique, I'm one of the very few who agree with you. The last time the idea of a boycott was mentioned everyone agreeing with it was considered a heretic. But, I don't think a lot of shooters understand just how much influence their money has. We have a big stick in the amount of money we spend and do actually have influence because of it. But, some of use are afraid to use it. It might mean they can’t shoot in one place each year.

It's time to stop being just a trap shooter or a skeet shooter or a shotgun shooter and understand we are citizens, with rights, and we are involved all types of shooting sports and gun ownership. We have to start thinking as a group not as individuals or people from different regions. What happens in Illinois has a meaning in every other state. The laws passed in California should have taught that lesson because liberals everywhere try to pass copies of those California laws. And we need to remember that those who would deny us our rights paint us with the same broad brush so let’s act accordingly. We can no longer afford to be separated by the gun we use or the sport we choose.

We also need to know we have to fight this fight by the rules politicians have established, not the way we presume it should be fought. That means clout, money, and threats of boycott, threats of relocating clubs, businesses, and families. It maybe that moving will be the best in the end, but we’ll have fought the fight and we will have had an effect. The effect may not be in Illinois, but shooters everywhere will remember what happens when they think they will never bothered because they have a “nice” image.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You're preaching to the choir. I make my calls, and I told my state senators (my guys voted for the bill!) that I was dissappointed - "did you forget you've got shooters and a range in your district?" I told them I'll be shopping for new candidates next election and I'll be gathering petitions to make it happen.

My state reps say they make a real effort to muck up the works - we'll see.

The real yokels are the guys and gals who own guns and don't participate in BB like these or offer their financial support to the NRA or state RAs!

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.