1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois-- Here We Go Again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EDGARMCM, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Just received this notice this evening from the IllinoisState Rifle Association.

Blago, Daley, and Co. just never quit!

ISRA Action Alert:
    KOTOWSKI & BLAGOJEVICH PLAN AMBUSH OF GUN OWNERS ON JULY 9TH

Governor Blagojevich and State Senator Dan Kotowski are planning to ambush gun owners on July 9th by calling for a special legislative session on so-called ?gun violence.? It is expected that Kotowski will introduce legislation that would result in the banning and forced confiscation of most of your guns. The hope is to ramrod this legislation through the General Assembly while the public is distracted by failed budget negotiations.

Senator Kotowski is quickly establishing himself as the most dangerous anti-gunner in the nation. He is using every trick in the book to find a way to take your guns away from you. He doesn?t care if you are a hunter, target shooter, or trap shooter. He wants to take your guns away from you. He is obsessed with the notion of a gun-free Illinois. He is obsessed with the desire to humiliate you and strip you of your guns.

If you cherish your gun rights, this is what you must do:
    On Monday, July 9, call your state representative and your state senator and politely tell him or her to focus on passing a budget, and to leave your guns alone. Tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding gun owner and that you are sick and tired of being blamed for the lawless deeds of criminals.

Post this information to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.
    ISRA has listings of phone numbers for Illinois State Representatives and Illinois State Senators.
    Need to find out who your Legislators are? Check the Illinois Election Board.

Remember: gun control is a disease, and you're the cure.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Atta boy slugger. You must be a liberal gun-grabber yourself to make such a post. We need to not only knock down these people, but put our foot on their neck and keep them eating dust. If it's unlikely to pass, so much the better, but never give them any breathing room. Scream your heads off at the mere mention of gun control. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is an old and accurate adage.

Buz

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Watch very close gentlemen,,,,It probably will fail,,,,but it will be close,,,so very close,,,like all the others!!!!

When you see the margin of victory,,ask yourself----"would it pass under a democratic presidency"???

On member of the Ill legislature has already openly boasted that he "wants Ill to be the 1st gun-free state"!!!

The country is at a point where it seens radical elements that propose sweeping changes that concern our rights have the ear of the media and general public!!!

I'll say again---"drastic changes are on the way",,,it may take upwards of 6 years,,,but nonetheless,,,change is coming!!!!

I saw today in the Arizona Republic that Rep.Henry Waxman has already proposed a "carbon footprint tax",,imagine the cost to business!!!!! And combine that proposed legislation with the "OSHA" proposals and who is "chairing" that event,,,and it spells T.R.O.U.B.L.E............

AKA Grammie...........

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Aren't we overdue for a Tea Party?

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

How Ironic (not)....

And the Grand American at Sparta, IL is only a month away. Blowjobovich calls for a SPECIAL session to ban guns. Gee, what a surprise!

Boy am I so glad to have been an ATA member for over 25 years, knowing that our illustrious leadership would make the right decisions for the sport and the best choices with my money.

6. $andbagger

$andbagger TS Member

Illinois??

Illinois????

Didn't they build some big shooting place there???????

I thought I heard the governor was for it???????

Hmmmmm???????

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The irony of the entire thing is the Illinois Governor was totally and completely in favor of the WSC in Sparta, Illinois ... The other issues is he and many of his Political cronies have sent a continual barrage of anti gun restrictions and process's of eliminations to the Illinois house even while the facility in Sparta was under construction (typical Politician) ... The State of Illinois is and has been a Decrapic Stronghold for as long as most of us can remember and they are like the Energizer Bunny who just keeps on keeping on and going ... The problem is one of these days they may pass the Anti gun agendas, amend the laws and have their way then they can use the WSC for demolition derby's, blues fests, and Town socials ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Bill,

I think he was for it before he was against it. The Demo mantra!

Shoot well,

Jim

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I just don't understand why he had to build our ATA home in the most anti-gun state in the nation. Why reward Illinois? Why do this to ourselves?

I know Sparta is a beautiful site, but it would of been beautiful in any other state, especially a state that is gun friendly. What was the ATA thinking?

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

unsingle,

The ATA didn't build the facility, they only lease it ... They were probably thinking that if they didn't move the shoot to Sparta they would have no where else to go and the Grand American wouldn't happen ... I'm not a mind reader but I'm thinking thats a good guess ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

How do we change opinions of those that are uneducated about guns and shooting sports? I would suggest that we support any facility that has the obvious visibility that Sparta does. Regardless of the State, we as gun owners will always be in a fight to keep what we have. Regardless of the facility we must be aware of those that do not understand and want to make a name for themselves by seeking support to stop our sports. How many ranges and fields have been closed with little cause other than noise in States that are "pro-gun"?

The ATA is based in Vandalia, Ohio not Sparta, Illinois, although I would suggest that the ATA make the move to Sparta. Ohio should have been the first State to offer a facility as nice as in Illinois, but they did not. If you have been to Sparta you may realize that our presence there can only help to change some anti-gun opinions for the region and State.

I recently visited a family in the Sparta region that were originally opposed to the facility. They now have nearly every member of the family utilizing the facility for shooting and recreation. The thought of thousands of gun owners running around their area was not appealing until they met so many good people from our sport. We are making an impact in a State that needs to be enlightened.

My map says that Cook County (Chicago) is about 270 miles from Sparta. We may never change the strong opinons of so many 270 miles away but we are changing opinions every time we take a new person to the trap field. Those in Illinois need to call and speak out, then treat a new shooter (voter or future voter) to a round of trap.

I for one am happy to drive from Pennsylvania to Sparta for the Grand and I plan on taking a new shooter with me. How about the rest of you?

Good luck to all at the Grand--hope to see all of you there!

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

You all need to remember that STATES cannot pass LAWS that are in confilict with the CONSTITUTION as a whole. Therefore passing said legislation would be pointless.

Ronbo

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Ronbo,

The State of Illinois passed a law that all residents of the State must (not an option) have an FOID card if they own any firearms or intend to by ammunition for same in the State of Illinois ... I failed to see that in the Constitution when I sat down and read it ... If you think they cannot pass laws and enforce them you have another think coming ... The restrictions set forth by the laws of a given state are legal and binding and there by enforceable and they can do that without infringing on the rights extended to anyone covered by the Constitution of the United States of America or can they ..? Hell, they already have .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Sure makes the new Las Vegas Shooting Complex more and more attractive to the ATA.

Rick

15. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

ronbo142, I agree in part. However, I was working in Chicago this past winter and recall a law being passed in Cook County banning certain firearms. A large concern was that it classified many shotguns as assault weapons. If I am correct it also kept the door open for other guns to be added at the will of the political powers. This is not in our US Constitution but I believe it did pass in Cook County, Illinois. Maybe we can get some input and insight from those in or around Cook County.

I also believe the 2nd Admendment is always at risk and we need to be ever vigilant. Regardless of the State, County, or Village we must be certain we are heard whenever necessary. Make your phone calls, they do mater.

As a bit of humor, when has legislation required a point:).

16. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Ronbo - what you say is true. HOWEVER, states ignore the Constitution all the time.

In my home state of CT, I cannot own a Colt AR-15, but I can (so far) own a Bushmaster clone as long as it does not have a bayonet lug, retractable stock
    or "externally threaded muzzle for a flash hider"

I agree with whoever posted above - the ATA is leasing the facility, Blowjobovich will ban guns - kick us out - then convert the facility to some non firearms use.

17. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Vegas is too far away for the most of us. Sparta is going to be the most centered and easily accessable spot for the most of us to attend. What's it matter what the lawmakers of Illinois do with clips for assault weapons? What's the law going to mean when the states all around us don't change their law on the same thing? Dan

18. il shooter

il shooter Member

maybe the people in cook county will wake up and see the light one of this years . the people in down state are can not do much as we are the minorlty.i would like everyone that belongs to a gun club ask there fellow shooter are they a menber of N.R.A. or I.L.S.R. i bet it would surprise you to know that there are very few who belong .call your reps. and senters.

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

What,s it matter what the lawmakers of Illinois do with clips for assault Weapons . (What an attitude) it really matters alot just not to you .

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Any you all thought I was WRONG. You all thought I was way out in left field. I see the rug not being tugged but now being yanked. Ill as I have always said was the wrong state to go to and you all did not listen to me. I said that the BOD were wrong and you all did not listen. I said that they had other motives to go there and soon or one day they will come to day light and we the members will see why they the BOD rammed the new place down our throats. It has only just begun and its just going to get worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.