1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois HB148

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

This is the CCW bill and it is currently being debated on the House floor (4pm central time). The servers are jammed and we can't listen. Reports from members say it is looking "good". Need 71 votes for super majority.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They managed to get 65 votes so "3-County Quinn" can put his pen away and go back to his deep-dish pizza.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie TS Member

Thanks to Chicago people for not voiceing there opinions or did they? We would be better off without them. Downstate Illinois has no say and will probably never have. Why can't all downstate counties have there only carry conceal law for each county leave cook county out and let all the thugs go there.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I just hope this paaes with a the needed votes to override Quinndaley's veto power.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pulled to be voted on another day...

Jay

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

For 25 years I was breaking the law just owning a handgun where I lived. It's hard to believe that one day they might permit CCW.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Just think, Daley wants a 3 man security team and a second secure car for his wife after he leaves. Bullshit. Pass the conceal carry law and let him fend for himself like everyone else.

Mayor Daley Wants to Keep Security Detail After Leaving Office:

Michael Sneed reported in the Chicago Sun-Times that Daley is asking for at least three round-the-clock bodyguards.

The request is being made because he's concerned about threats to his safety.

The mayor also reportedly wants two vehicles at his disposal: one for himself and one for First Lady Maggie Daley.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/mayor-daley-wants-security-detail-after-leaving-office-20110505

Jerbear

8. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I wonder how many people follow every law every hour of every day? I have a small gas grill on m balcony. It is not allowed by both the home owners association and the city. And so on.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hb112 and hb148 in illinois