1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Handgunners, here it comes

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by new loader, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

From the mayor. Obama get reelected, look for it nationwide.

2. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Obama has does nothing against gun ownership as president. Get over it.
    -Trappy

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

trappy, that's because he is busy wiping his *** on the 1st amendment now, he will get to the 2nd one shortly after the election.

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Trappy, obviously you have forgotten about the UN GUN BAN TREATY he is pushing for the USA to become part of, a total ban on privately owned firearms. I would say that is something against gun ownership.

Oscar

5. dalog

dalog Member

Shane, er, Trappy12, What about the Fast and Furious gun running fiasco??

This whole thing was concocted to make it look like the US was supplying all the guns for the Mexican Cartels just so that the Obama administration could then use that as an excuse to create many new restrictions on gun ownership.

And don't tell me Obama wasn't in the loop, too much already uncovered to claim that.

6. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

Trappy, are you kidding. How about naming two Supreme Court justices that are rabid anti-gunners and will trash the 2nd amendment when they get a chance.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, Fast and Furious, a bigger scandal than Watergate. No one got killed in Watergate. F&F goes right to the top, but apparently no one was in charge. Funny hw Trappy seems to have never heard of it.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thank God when my brother went to school for law he didn't turn into a cool aid drinking liberal pawn like Trappy did. College done ruined this boy.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Should have gone to Hillsdale.

Kool-Aid tastes like shit when you have to pay for it yourself.

HM

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

"not too worried about Obama and gun control"

WAKE UP MAN!!!! When you quit worrying about it and acting on it, is when it happens.

Like Bisi said, "he's busy wiping his a$$ on the First Amendment now and will get to the 2nd Amendment if he gets elected for a second term". After the election......there's nothing left for him to lose. He'll really go into action with the executive order stamp.

Being ever vigilant is the only way we keep these freedoms.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

MAC-1 If Israel, or USA, start bombing Iran it will be $10+++ gas, if you can buy it.

12. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

You guys crack me up. Liberal pawn? Hell, I'm probably voting Romney. And I go to a pretty conservative school. Not like the kool-aid drinkers over at Hillsdale, but it's by no means a liberal school. UN Gun Ban Treaty? Check your facts, dude, that whole thing is a load of crap. I couldn't find anywhere that backed up your claims after doing research into it. And here's what Snopes has to say... http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp
    Stop being fear mongers and try finding out facts behind the BS you spew. I know that's a new concept to many of you, but I promise it would make your lives much better.
    grntitan, you used to be a good guy, what happened? Turned me liberal? No sir, I am much more moderate now than I was say, 2-3 years ago.
    -Trappy

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trappy,

Saying Obama hasn't done anything to gun ownership during his term in office, is about as instructive as saying Charles Manson hasn't started any cults during his term in prison. (And Manson doesn't have to deal with the Tea Party).

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think we had all better pay attention how quiet the Obama crowd has been during this term and don't misinterpret the relative silence. In my opinion he's been laying in weeds waiting to be reelected then watch out if that happens. Daley is gone from official office but he's in the limelight yet. Rahm Obamuel is getting friskey in the news lately and with three bills pending Illinois voters better get on the horn to their legislators and nationally we all better get behind the NRA or another pro gun group with our wallets. It's no time to relax folks.

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trappy,

"No sir, I am much more moderate now than I was say, 2-3 years ago." Why the change?

Chichay

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Trappy,

I haven't changed at all have you? Also, Who did you vote for in the last presidential election and why are you not voting for him again? I hope all the idiots that voted that pos into office are happy with their choice. Sure got this Country F'd up.

18. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

If Mr. Obama wins reelection, who much time do we have before we need to report to the reeducation center?

19. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

A quick check on google will get you this Trappy!

Obama’s Cloud ?

UN Gun Ban proceeding under Obama’s watchful eye

Posted on November 7, 2011 by NAGR Staff

National Association for Gun Rights fights back in U.S. Senate with support from Senator Rand Paul

United Nations has concluded its Fourth and final “preparatory” committee meeting amidst a fog of secrecy, over the “Small Arms Treaty.”

“The July U.N. PrepCom was yet another bureaucratic gathering of nations and anti-gun organizations specifically tasked with meeting a ‘consensus’ on the language for the Arms Trade Treaty. And though they mask their efforts with talk about ‘only regulating the trade’ of arms, their discussions are focused entirely on small arms — your firearms,” stated Dudley Brown, Executive Director of the National Association for Gun Rights.

“The name of the convening organization says all we need to know about the real agenda behind the ATT — Office of Disarmament Affairs.”

Obama works for U.N. Gun Ban ‘under the radar’

As the National Association for Gun Rights first warned gun owners, as early as 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton indicated that the Obama administration would give full-throated support to the arms treaty.

President Barack Obama has indicated that ‘consensus’ is his hope for the treaty, rather than the protection of American gun rights. While many in the main stream media continue to quibble about the intent of the treaty, there can be little doubt that the United Nations intends to use the treaty to restrict American citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.

Earlier this year, Obama told anti-gun activists — who are angry he hasn’t done more to limit gun rights — that he was pushing gun control “under the radar” with a diverse group of “stakeholders” and through a variety of avenues.

Clearly, Obama hopes to bypass Congress, and use the anti-gun “stakeholders” at the U.N. to fulfill his anti-gun agenda.

U.N.’s real agenda: domestic firearms restrictions

Former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton believes the U.N. is trying to hide the treaty’s true intent behind the trade of arms between nation-states and the language of human rights, “but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

After the final treaty language is agreed upon and passed through the United Nations, it will face a ratification vote in the United States Senate.

Over the last year, the so-called “international community” has ratcheted up the rhetoric designed to shame the U.S. into enacting further gun control measures.

It’s clear that the gun banners goals are twofold.

First, they’re going to dramatically increase export licensing regulations. They hope to kill the supply of firearms by choking off international commerce, and civilian access to rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Second, they’re going to define arms much more broadly, and try to force “legally binding” rather than “politically binding” restrictions on those more broadly defined arms.

Their ultimate agenda for the final treaty, is certain to include:
    ?Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to buy a firearm legally;
    ?Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms. It’s not hard to guess what “unauthorized” will mean;
    ?Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons . . . shotguns, rifles, pistols – all of them;
    ?Create an international gun registry; as you know, registration is only the first step toward full-scale gun confiscation;

The anti-gunners working in the United Nations are attacking our rights on multiple fronts, and believe that every illegal gun started as a legal gun.

The U.N.’s own Small Arms Survey of 2011 called civilian firearms ownership a “privilege” rather than a protected “right.”

So you can kiss up to your messiah, and say he hasnt done anything about restricting our firearms rights, and you would be WRONG

Oscar

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Chichay, just more experience in life. Learning different things, learning more about how the world works, what's good what's bad, what works, what doesn't. You know how it is.
    grn, your posts state otherwise. Of course I've changed. I'm all about progress at all points in one's life. If not for progress, what in life is worth living? Nobody, I wasn't of age.
    Oscar, personally I believe the right to own a firearm is a privilege as much as it is a right. I believe it is the exact same as voting. It is a right, but in order to gain it, you must be of age, be of sound judgement, no felonies, etc. I sure don't believe that absolutely everyone should be able to own a gun solely due to the Second Amendment, and I trust you feel the same way.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.