1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois concealed carry

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dickgshot, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Illinois State House of Representatives passed the concealed carry law 85 to 30.
    It now goes to the Illinois Senate, where it is expected to have strong
    opposition. The Federal Appeals panel in Chicago ordered that Illinois have
    a CCW law in place by June 9th.

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

The stooges from Illinois Gov Quinn Mayor Rahm and Cullerton will be twisting a lot of arms and promising a lot of dark deals to get there way on this bill. We will have to jump thru a lot of hoops and pay $$$..The light in the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.
    Are we getting closer or is that the train coming..We will get the answer soon.

Chicago might be a interesting place this summer..Want a ( Taste of Chicago )
    Maybe the NRA convention will be here next year..I can just imagine Wayne and Rahm at the ribbon cutting ceremony at McCormack Place ..
    I will have to send
    Michael Madigan a thank you note .He lives close to me..

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Congratulations to our friends in Illinois. Please...be sure to thank...(with a GENEROUS campaign donation)...those members of your Legislature who support your Second Amendment rights...even if in a more restricted manner than you'd like. It's a step, and a small light at the end of a VERY dark tunnel.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I'm sure the governor has his appeal judges all lined up($$$).

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's amazing to me is Mike Madigan's, House Chairman, complete turnaround and endorsed the bill. He has been an ardent anti gun proponent as long as I can remember. His daughter the Attorney eneral on the other hand surprised me and is against the bill.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

It ain't over until Cullerton and the Senate take their shot... but were this > < close...

Jay

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

How much will this cost each of us that wants the right to protect ourselves and our loved ones? Ah the great state of corruption! Only in Illinois

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I read everything I could about what it might take to carry in Illinois, current FOID card, firearms classes, etc., but I can't find anything on reciprocity with other states permits. I'm in Indiana and would like to know. Does anybody have a link to the new laws the IL. House is going to vote on? Thanks.

Wayne

9. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

As currently written, no reciprocity. Subject to (many)change(s).

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/05/executive-summary-of-illinois-conceal-carry-bill.html

Copy, paste and read.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Is there anything in the bill about out-of-staters applying for a permit?

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You can be sure that whatever gets passed will be a revenue-producing cash cow for Illinois - to make up for Daley's parking meter giveaway among other things.

12. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Provisions for nonresidents? Yes. But you ain't gonna like it.

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The original concept was to offer reciprocity to those states who qualification equaled or exceeded what Illinois required... saw an expected cost of $150/5 years, plus the instruction cost, plus the ammo to qualify cost...

Give back my arm!

Jay

14. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Latest is $300 for non residents.
    I hope my Utah and Florida training qualifies. I did six for Utah and sixteen for IL. Probably my NRA instructor's ratings might count for something.
    It will be nice to be able to carry while in the state instead of waiting till we cross a border or river, buy cheap gas, a big gulp and lock and load. Coming home, buy cheap gas before you cross, get the drink and put the gun away cause you ain't trusted where you live.
    Hope, hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.