1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Concealed Carry HB997

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by spitter, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Copy of the submitted legislation for Concealed Carry with the ability for interstate reciprocity...

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=85&GA=98&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=997&GAID=12&LegID=71413&SpecSess=&Session

I couldn't seem to paste the entire link into the URL box, so please copy and paste into your browser... sorry for the inconvenience

Jay

2. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Link works but the govt page has no info.................

Typical of Illinois
    But there's another one too. HB-0154 working it's way through.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Click the link above. Your URL link was too long. This one should work.

4. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

Well if I am reading this bill right it looks like if you had a combat mos in the military then you dont have to take the training courses. Glad they recognize that I have fired a few shots in the Marines and wont shoot myself in the foot!

5. spitter

Thanks for your assistance,

Jay

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Anyone know when this bill will be voted on? Jay Levin on 10pm new did a story two nights ago about a bill that was backed by down state democrats that they siad they have the votes to pass could this be it? i'm wondering if my Utah CC class will sufice as the needed traing here?

7. spitter

Bruce:

If you go through the bill, there is a reciprocity provision for states with similar carry requirements as Illinois is proposing...

Jay

8. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Jay,

I read that as applicable to residents of other states, not Illinois residents.

Mac

9. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Call me a cynic, but I'm surprised any reciprocity would be included. It seems like a prime opportunity for friends of our politicians to get rich.....only IL CC classes will be accepted, and only two companies give the classes, both owned by friends of the pols.

Maybe I've been living in IL too long though :)

Dan

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I think most states don't extend reciprocity to another state that doesn't extend the same reciprocity to it.

11. Bruce Specht

Dan, you haven't been living in the state too long, I'm betting your spot on. Another way to get dem and their friends a chance to line thier pockets. Rat Ba$tard$ that they are!

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm gonna believe it when I'm a actually walking in the door for the course. Living in IL for 42 years I'm what you say a little skeptical of things that appear too good.

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've been living in Illinois longer than either one of you. It used to be only
    politically connected people getting deputy sheriff badges that could carry concealed in Cook County. I also can hardly believe it's going to happen.

If Illinois wants to make all the money from it, that's o.k. with me - because then I'll have some reason to believe it will actually go through.
    Requiring training wouldn't be so bad either. I got a CCW from another state,
    and a one day CCW course and being able to pull the trigger while the gun was
    pointed in the direction of the target, was all that was required. A lot of the people who got permits have no business carrying a loaded gun.

The CCW permit also might eliminate the need for a background check when buying a gun, as it does in other states.

14. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

I too have a Utah CC permit, my immediate doubt that Illinois will accept this is because this course did not have a live fire or range time requirement. Unless Illinois is willing to over look this since I am an Illinois resident I would think we would have to jump through the hoops for Illinois. Regardless I am happy to think we are finally going to get CC in this state. Grant

15. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I see today that this bill has 53 sponsors, 11 of which are Democrats. Rep Phelps initiated the bill and he's also a Democrat.

My Representative (Chapa LaVia, D) has signed on as a sponsor.

16. Bruce Specht

I'd like to think that having a FOI card would help reduce the hoops, but I'm guessing it won't. 62 years in this state I hope not to many more this is crazy, I have to talk my wife in to leaving

17. Bruce Specht

2/06/13 NBC news at 10 pm reporting on Quinn's state of the union address is order fo business " Conceal Carry Limits" Really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.