1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Budget Problems?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I just caught the tail end of a piece on NPR this morning as I was getting out of the shower. It seems that the Illinois legislature is having trouble getting a budget passed and the State will run out of money about August 8, leading to the possibility that there won't be money to pay State workers, things like State parks may close, etc. Isn't the shooting complex at Sparta a State park, and does this have negative implications for the 2007 Grand? I'm not trying to be a Sparta basher here, and have not made plans to go this year, but this seems like a worrysome possibility to me. Do any of you Illinois folks have any more current info?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The State of Illinois has had budget problems for what seems to be forever ... They usually have a bunch of extra cash stashed in shoe boxes just for those rainy days or when time get tough, or was that Ryans pension plan ..? Corruption at its finest and all they worry about is people having guns ..? WPT ... (TAC) ...

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Now that would suck ... having the state lock the gate in the middle of the shoot cause there out of money.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

They'll end up passing a temporary measure to ensure the continuation of government and services.

Jay

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Illinois has stated they have budget problems from since I was born through today. They lie.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

that happens nearly every year- just like the federal govt- its a way to put pressure on different groups

Gene

7. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

If you listen to the news on public radio, I feel very sorry for you.........Roger

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hill topper,

Now that you mention the name Paul Powell I do remember him having his life savings and pension money in shoe boxe's ... George Ryan was the one who was grafting money from the Secretary of State's Office by selling drivers license and ID cards to anyone who wanted them ... You have to love the originality of these clowns ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Illinois politicians are trying to become more crooked that Louisiana politicians and may have already passed them. I believe that we have had at lest three past governors who have been in prison or sentenced to prison.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Just more political bull from our well run state gov and honest politicians. What should be done is impeach each and everyone of them and turn it all over to a mangment company thats paid on performance

11. skeet100

skeet100 Member

China may be willing to loan a little?

This good country is in a hell of a mess..............

12. frank t

frank t TS Member

There is an ongoing fight between the governor and the speaker of the house. The governor wants the biggest tax increase in history so he can finance a health insurance initaiative. The speaker believes the state cant afford it. The budget was to be done by June 30th. When it wasnt they passed a one month continuing resolution for July. The governor called a special session of the legislature and wont let them go until they pass his plan. The leaders rejected a continuing resolution of august because they believe they can pass a budget which would be veto proof (60 votes) by the governor. The comptroller says the state has enough money to last until aug 8th. Most state employees are continuing to work knowing that they will be paid when the budget is passed. So there should be no shortage of state workers in Sparta.

Frank T

13. 100straight

100straight Member

I don't remember the exact year, proabably about 1999 or 2000, I worked for the State of Illinois, and we went several weeks without pay checks when a budget was not approved on time. And, as I recall some parks closed. I think I remember hearing that New Salem where Abraham Linclon lived was closed for a while. But I also see in the national news that they are already working on a temporary budget, so who knows. I have a friend that still works for the state and she got a note asking her to keep working even if she doesn't get a pay check on time.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.