1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois at it again......lol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Texting While Walking Ban Proposed In Illinois
    Pedestrians Could Be Fined $25 If Bill Becomes Law

CHICAGO -- As Illinois secretary of state, Jesse White's usual domain consists of licensing drivers, registering corporations and publishing the state's blue book manual. But he recently turned his attention to people walking across the street in addition to those in automobiles.

According to an article on WBBM Radio's Web site, White wants the state to pass a law prohibiting people from walking across the street while using a cell phone. A bill along those lines has already been introduced in the Illinois House.

White told WBBM he still wants the state to pass restrictions on drivers using cell phones, but he also wants a ban on texting or talking on the street in the state's larger cities.

State Rep. Ken Dunkin introduced House Bill 4520 on Jan. 17, which would make it a petty offense for a person crossing any street in the state to use a cell phone at the same time. If the bill is passed, a person caught could be fined up to $25. The bill is currently in committee. Dunkin has received criticism for introducing the bill, WBBM reported. White said he wants a similar law to focus only on large cities in the state.

It is already illegal to talk on the phone while driving in Chicago, unless the driver uses a hands-free device. The rest of the state does not have such a law.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Illinois - Land of Obama"

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Look around, others are doing it or thinking about doing it.

Don

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Bigdon, so because others are doing it , it is OK???

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

As a fellow Illinoisan What those legislatures are doing is going after the dummies that are causing auto accidents because of their preoccupation with the phones in their hands. It's not that a person is dangerous with a phone walking around texting it's that they are stepping out in front of drivers who are avoiding them and wrecking their cars. In my own county we had a young girl who was attempting to download ringtones in her phone while driving and she crossed the road got in the bicycle lane and killed a guy on a bike. She wasn't even charged with vehicular manslaughter. I know this stuff sounds trivial to you guys but we have to start somewhere and enough is enough. Now if we can just get the cops to get off the phone long enough to write those kids a ticket.:)Dan

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

ya can't outlaw dumb. We have enough laws now. Some people want to be regulated 24 hours a day. Just wait, the time is coming, and some people have asked for it.

Gne J

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As a life long resident of the Chicago area all I can say is, there are so many stupid people in this state, that are elected officals feel a need to protect us all from one another. I can only thank God for the democrats and their great desire to tax us to death and still spend more than they steal from us. Not to mention piling law on top of law to make the state close to unliveable. I retire in four and I am so out of here!

8. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

YOU CAN FIX YOUR LUNCH, YOU CAN NOT FIX STUPID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.