1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois and its gun laws

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tategoi, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tategoi

tategoi TS Member

I know that many of you who frequent this site participate in the Grand American in August and other shooting events in Illinois and are probably put off by the occasional postings here re: the many attempts on the part of some of our legislators to stifle gun rights. I just attended the annual meeting of the ISRA (Illinois State Rifle Association) last Saturday and learned that in 2007 a little over 200 attempts were made to impose some kind of gun restriction(s) on the citizenry. For those of us who live in Cook County, it's even worse.

However, for those of you who live out of state, and even for those of you who live IN state, you need to know that ISRA does a great job of protecting our rights. Since the NRA concerns itself primarily with issues that have a national impact, ISRA is our only line of defense and again, they do a wonderful job. Ergo, for non-residents, you'll probably see another 200+ posts here this year for another onslaught of attempted legislation. If you live in-state, PLEASE join ISRA: it only costs $25. If you live in-state, PLEASE attend the IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day) event, sponsored by ISRA and the firearms manufacturers of Illinois, on March 11. Go to <ISRA.org> for more information/details.

Also, for Illinois residents, please be aware that the proposed ordinance that will be voted on shortly for Cook County attempts to ban virtually every firearm that existsand contrary to what many shotgunners and hunters think, it WLL affect their firearms if passed. What to do? VOTE. Tell your friends to get off their butts and get over to the polling place.

I wrote up a report of the ISRA meeting for my shotgun club, the Frankfort Sportsman Club, and if you'd like a copy send me your email.

Regards,

Bob

2. tategoi

tategoi TS Member

For IGOLD info go to the ISRA web site. It's an .org. I referred to it in the previous message but the info was stricken.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me if every one of those attempts were made by a liberal dumocrat. If someone has the info, please provide.

4. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Correct me if I'm wrong as I am not sure here, but does anyone here remember the Brady Bill? If I recollect right was Brady a Republican? I think his wife had the bill drawn up after he got shot along with Reagan. If he was a Republican, it sounds pretty anti gunish to me.

Frank

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, Pub. L. No. 103-159, 107 Stat. 1536 (Nov. 30, 1993), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 921 and 18 U.S.C. § 922, also known as the Brady Bill, passed as H.R. 1025 [1] by the United States Congress, signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 30, 1993, and went into effect on February 28, 1994. The act was named after James Brady, who was shot by John Hinckley, Jr. during an attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan on March 30, 1981."

The Brady Bill, conjured up by a liberal congress,,and signed by an anti-gun liberal president. Sounds pretty anti-gun to me.

The anti-gun liberals waited upon and seized upon every criminal act with a firearm they thought would further their cause. The Brady's were sitting ducks. MONEY TALKS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.