1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois - Amendatory veto coming of CHL law.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    IL-- Gov. Quinn is set to announce an amendatory veto

From Todd V. NRA Lobbyist posted @ IllinoisCarry.com

Quinn to AV Carry bill 7/2/13

Governor Quinn is set to announce an amendatory veto of HB-183 tomorrow with fanfare at the Thompson Center.

The Governor is rumored to be making several changes to the bill which would include:

• Limiting individuals to carrying a single handgun with a single magazine and no more than 10 rounds of ammo.

• Changing the definition to where the handgun must be completely concealed as opposed to concealed or mostly concealed

• Banning carry in any place that serves alcohol except private clubs and residence. This would nullify the restaurant carry provisions of the bill.

• Inverting the no carry posting to make carry permissible only in places that post it is OK to carry a concealed firearm

• Allowing employers to ban firearms on their property and negate the safe harbor provisions.

• Remove the ability of individuals to get out of their vehicle and store their handguns in the trunk of their vehicle

Look for the Legislature to move to override the veto when they come back the 8th or 9th.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Why I do I live here? Most corupt state in the union. Politics as usuall with law biding citizens suffering from all the bull$hip these morons can heap on us to load their pockets.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Governor Buffoon never misses a chance at getting in the spotlight. Maybe some day it will be coming from the guard tower. ;-)

Bob Falfa

4. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Sounds like the gov is in need of a recall!!!!!!!!!!!

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Quinn to stupid to be much of a crook. So I suppose he won't join the other IL Govs in the slammer. However I have always felt you get better Gov't by intelligent crooks, rather than well intentioned fools. The crooks can't steal as much as the fools piss away through stupidity.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I dunno. The more they don't trust citizens with guns, the more corrupt and the bigger the crook they seem to be.

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

wait till you get Daley as gov. Jimmy Borum

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Quinn's veto may well be over turned on Tuesday. One can only hope that's the way it works.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed here Bruce.