1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

illiniois state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by il shooter, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

are there any state shoot results posted on the web thanks

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Some Illinois results here on the Brittany site.

http://www.brittanyshooting.com/stateshoot/2009/trophies_09.htm

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

RLC323, I think those are 2007 results.

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

? Link goes to 2009 results, currently updated up to event 12.

5. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

RLC323, I found it. Thanks

6. il shooter

il shooter Member

when are they going to post the rest of the scores ? or are they stuck in the mud? i dont know how any one could enjoy shooting and visting the venders there. time to move to sparta . larry has plenty of time to spread rock and concrete . to im prove the area.

7. il shooter

il shooter Member

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One of the better shoots I've been too. I got there Thursday. Parked on the grass. Ground was a little wet, so what. Never needed to put my Explorer in 4WD. Don't know what smell they're talking about. My bank of traps was near the clubhouse. No smell, good targets, easy and fast registration. Good food. No mechanical breakdowns. Talked some with Carole Mohr, nice people, and I heard about some of what they've had to deal with.

Just the right size club for the State shoot. Not spread out over miles. No place you couldn't walk to in a couple minutes, including wherever your bank of traps were. 50 targets on a trap - well o.k., 25 per trap is better, but not always possible.

So somebody tell me. Why the vendetta against Brittany? And in case you think I'm new to all this, my ATA number starts with 17.

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

dickgtax ilshooter just wants the shoot moved to sparta for what ever reason and it is not going to happen.

Dave

10. Kent

Kent TS Member

dickgtax,, I don't know where you were at but I got my shoes dirty at Brittany..

this was Sunday.....

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

front and back where I parked.

The shoot is run by the directors of the ISTA and could not be run by Larry as smoothly.

11. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

dickg, some people gotta find something to bitch about.

I have definitely run into mud at Brittany, but I have at Linn Creek too.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I parked in the grass, first on the left side of the road when you come in. All grass, no mud. Then near the clubhouse in back of the MEC booth, Also all grass, no mud at all. I'm not saying there wasn't mud, but it wasn't hard to avoid it, at least on Thursday and Friday.

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Sure Thursday and Friday, that was before the rain. It rained hard as hell on Friday about 6 pm or so, and then again Saturday around 5 pm for an hour or more.

People with trucks/4 wheel drive vehicles could get around, but those of us in cars had limited options for parking. Saw a Caddy on Sunday morning buried up to its axles trying to pull into the parking area behind bank 10. I parked down near the RV dump area as that was pretty flat and hadn't been chewed up so it wasn't all muddy. There was only one way to get to the line without walking thru mud - down the road to the club house and then down the line on the sidewalk. No cutting from the road directly to your bank unless you wanted to be ankle deep in mud.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that what you saw on Thursday and Friday was probably some of the best of the conditions. Those who stayed thru the weekend saw the worst of it. As many have pointed out, there aren't too many places we shoot that can handle as much rain as we've had in central/southern Illinois without becoming a mud puddle.

When it's all said and done, I go to shoot, so I'd prefer a muddy club with great targets and a well run program (like Illinois) over a place with perfect parking and lots of vendors but poor targets and bad management.

Scott

14. il shooter

il shooter Member

how would like to walk though the mud and try to shoot with mud on shoes and pants . nice pictures shows what it was really like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.