1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illegal Immigrants voting?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

NBC nightly news had a story about two propositions on the ballots.

San Francisco has one to allow illegal immigrants to vote in school board elections only. Portland Maine has one to allow illegal immigrants to vote in city elections only.

I don't know how the rest of you feel about this but to me its chipping away at our Constitutional Rights as citizens of the USA.

Bill

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A little bit of illegal is still illegal.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't know if we can turn this trend around. Thank God for the good memories of the past.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Not only will I vote, but I certainly am involved at the local level. And I tell EVERYONE what I think. I hope the rest of you will do the same.

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Elections are basic to our form of government under the Constitution and we must clean up the process. There is absolutely no excuse for allowing fraud to continue. It is now or never, if it is not done now with the groundswell of patriotism being demonstrated by the Tea Party and others at the present time it will never be done. Press your elected officials to introduce legislation to require verification of citizenship in the voting registration process and penalties for fraud and VOTE VOTE VOTE. If enough pressure is applied elected officials will have to take some action.

Maryland stopped issuing new driver's licenses to illegal aliens last year but they still renew those already issued. Much damage has already been done. The democratically controlled state allows illegals to vote in some local elections but most people believe that many were registered to vote under motor voter legislation before Maryland stopped issuing licenses to them and that some vote in national elections. Maryland is basically a sanctuary state under the current governor who calls illegals the "new citizens."

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Once those illegals have a license they come to Georgia and Florida turn in the Maryland license to get one from these states. They do the same thing with hunting and fishing licenses. They then purchase weapons to take back north to sell at three and four times the original cost. Some were caught here in Georgia in a sting operation. Jackie B.

7. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Portland Maine is debating whether to allow LEGAL immigrants to vote in city
    matters only. They should not have that privilege. I say that if these immigrants are that interested in local government, then the should make the effort and become American citizens.

Mark in Maine

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Next thing you know we'll have an illegal running the country!!

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

The best way to avoid part of this problem is to set strict term limits and if you want to run for higher office that you resign your post as soon as you declare your intentions. How much time to incumbents waste on the campaign trail all the while getting paid by the taxpayer. Downright criminal if you ask me. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Legal or illegal isn't the point!!! The point is they are immigrants and they ARE NOT CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

11. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I heard on the radio yesterday that the absentee ballots for the military never got there and they will not be allowed to vote but that the ballots to prisoners did get there and they will be allowed to vote.

I thought if you were in jail you could not vote, that you lost that right when you were convected?

12. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

Check this out citizens

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/29/justice-dept-send-election-observers-arizona-group-seeks-crack-illegal-voters/

Seems that stopping illegals from voting might be a Federal offense because it has a "chilling" effect. Barf.

13. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Friggin hate to discuss politics in the only place which I enjoy, TS.COM.

14. lost & Dead

lost & Dead Member

If i drive 5 over the speed limit I get a ticket for breaking the law. How do I a US citzen get a fine for breaking the law and Jose gets to vote on my kids future.

15. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Guns may be the final answer!

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.