1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illegal Alien Job Applicant

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mette56, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

True story. We had a lady come in to our new BBQ restaurant in Cleburne, TX the other day looking for a job. Handed her an application. She said, it's not for me but for my daughter. Her daughter spoke no English and we speak no Spanish so here is what they offered us. We would get two people for the price of one. The daughter would do the work and the mom would be by her side to translate because the daughter spoke no English.

Should I hire her (them?)?

milt

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well,

You could hire both, then you would have two thieves instead of one. I was born in Cleburne and lived all my life in Tx. Worked with and employed meskins all my life, I am experienced with their work ethic and culture. It is always a gamble with them and you will not like the results. If she can't speak English, she's wet and probably not her daughter. Once they save enough to go back to Mex, they'll leave and put you in a bind without telling you anything about their departure.

Where is your operation and I'll come by and dine with you.

Roy in Austin, Tx.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

E-verify their immigration status?

4. mette56

Roy, had to laugh. "meskins"...yep, you're from TX alright. My question was tongue and cheek. Been there-done that.

JT's Smokehouse. It's on Henderson on east side of town. Phone 817-202-8118. Ask for Jimette. We built it with our kids and will open another for us soon. PM me with some notice before you come and I'll meet you there. I'm buyin'!!!

milt

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Milt,

Look forward to meeting you. I'll PM you before I come by. Will be retiring in Jan. My relatives lived in Blum and I will be going to the cemetery so I'll look forward to some great Tx. barbecue. We'll start traveling to shoot as I have had no time to do anything but work as I am in the oilfield service business. Am working East Tx. N. La and the Eagle Ford Shale play at this time. My Mom lives in Angelo and will be going to her 91st birthday this coming weekend.

Roy

6. mette56

Roy, u hav a PM.

milt

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats both a tough and a funny one Milt. If you need two new workers, hire them both and make them both work. The non-English speaking daughter will not deal with the public. Pay them both and make it where they only work the same shifts so an interpreter is always there for her. Lastly require the daughter to learn English. This is America for petes sake and thats what WE speak here.--Matt

8. mette56

Wow Matt, you're one of those deep-thinker types. (LOL!)...:)

We're takin' your advice but I was hopin' to somehow get two for one.

Illegals speaking English??? DFW area offers pronunciation classes so that the illegals can not only speak English, but can sound just like us locals (click on the above ). Should us Texans consider pronunciation lessons so we'll sound like you midwesterners?

Wonder what's next here near the border?

milt

9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I went into a MacDonald's in North Carolina recently, Raleigh-Durham. The only person working in there that spoke English was the Manager running the counter; all the others looked "wet". The patron across from me was (in TexMex, not Cubano or pure Spanish) on the phone trying to get illegal papers, at the next table man w family trying to get job that would pay in cash (also in TexMex) so no reported taxable income. Two white guys finally came in; as I was leaving, I asked them where I was because in Texas at least they use a word of English once in a while.

50 miles down the road I went into a 7-11 type store where I could buy more Mexican food than in Presidio and could cash checks and mail funds to Mexico.
    People, we are being overrun. The Government figures must severely under report their numbers. Wake up. Hasta luego. AJ

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Milt--I'm not sure on the midwesterner sound. How is it we sound? See ya'll later. We are fix'n to eat sum grub naw..... :D

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Texshooter, the illegals are everywhere. 30 years ago I helped a friend move to Houston. I kidded him above moving to Mexico. Now when he comes back home to Indiana to visit he swears he sees more Mexicans up here than in Houston. Sadly he is right.

In another 20 years you better know Spanish in this country, or you're not going to be able to order a hotdog at a diner.

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Why would you want to hire illegals? Isn't hiring an illegal make you a lawbreaker? Does Texas require a physical, including a Tuberculosis test to get a health department card to work around food for public consumption? I know of a steak and shake restaurant that got closed down when a lot of customers got salmonella. When the place was raided, all of his kitchen help were illegals and were sick and a couple had tuberculosis. That is a pretty heavy risk for you and your customers. Too bad I am not in Texas right now, I was in Waxahachie, and often had lunch in Cleburne when I went on a motorcycle ride. I would try out your place for sure. Good Luck

13. mette56

Leo,

My comments were made to make light of what I consider a very serious subject...illegal aliens. The story was true as I told it. No we do not hire or consider hiring any potential illegal. Reporting potential or suspected illegals around here, you'd have to do it everytime you walked out the door. I'm on your side bud. Is this restaurant clean? The local health inspecter told us recently that ours is the only restaurant in Cleburne she will eat at. One customer told us that our restaurant was like being in a doctors office. Plus our food is award winning.

Come by, love to see your bike. Call or write 1st as I'm not there that often anymore.

best regards

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Employers who hire illegals are costing this country billions in money being spent on the illegals, plus billions in lost tax revenue.

We don't have an illegal alien problem per se. We have a cheating employer problem. Get rid of hiring illegal aliens and THAT will make the biggest reduction. We need massive fines for hiring illegals and jail time for knowingly hiring illegals.

15. ABH

ABH Member

Brian, I'm with you on this topic.

ART H.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Very good post Brian!!

17. mette56

Mash on the above URL. Addresses what Brian said regarding both the illegal and the employer. We can only pray (and write your congressman).

milt

18. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Your congressman gets more money from him than from you

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I wish I was closer to Texas, I like BBQ also.

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If you have any doubts about this country being overrun, I drove thru a McDonalds in NW Penna. and saw a sign on the side of the building printed in Spanish & English. That's a long way from Mexico! My philosophy, If you can't speak my language, stay home until you learn it!

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.