1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'll state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Go Illini, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Go Illini

Go Illini TS Member

I

Anybody have pics of Brittany or know what condition the grounds are in. Thanks for any info.

2. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

From what I was told today.. muddy!! The person I spoke with today didn't know of any storm damage.

I'll be there set up and making ear plugs next week.. Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends.

Jerry B

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

It'll be interesting to see the comments after the Ill. State Shoot. That place is a mud hole in dry weather

4. happy

happy Member

I was there monday. wet but no mud. the mud comes with all the traffic and parking. The grass was high but that could be a good thing. Larry was getting ready to mow. machines being put in trap houses. All of Illinois south of springfield has had a lot of rain, a tornado friday at Gilippse, quite a bit of damage, roofs off houses, scchool roof and outer wall gone lots of trees broke. People could help the mud problem by walking to the traps instead of golf carting everywhere and making more mud. see you all there, Norm

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Happy, guarantee every 4- wheeler there will be lookin' for the littlest mud hole to wallow in... sidewalks and parking lots just don't get it...

6. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I spoke with Carol on Tuesday and she said the bad weather missed them. They got rain, but the drain tile installed a while back took care of that. All the new shelters for the shooters have been installed to provide more shade. It should be a great shoot according to the weather forecast.
    Pat Haskins

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Brittany is blessed with being located in some very flat country which makes for a good shooting background, and poor drainage.

They have made good progress in the past couple years by installing a professionally done tile system that helps get the water away from the parking areas and traps. To go along with that the drainage ditches were re-cut and now are staked off to prevent drivers from crossing and tearing them up. Marked crossings for carts and turn-ins for the car traffic help to keep things intact.

If worse comes to worse and someone gets stuck there is always plenty of help around to get a fellow shooter out of the mud.

8. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

I haven't been there recently, but with the weather we are having now and missing the rain today. The ground at Brittney should be in good shape by next week. Good shooting to all that plan on making it to the ILL state shoot.

9. kettles kritter

kettles kritter Member

was there Thursday eve. mowed, drying out, tents up,cleaned up,ready to go, drying up fast with all rain we had last week. will be a great shoot,

I will be there with hulls for sell if anyone wants some pm me and I will get them together. old AA s new AA and sts

kettle

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Dennis Baker. One of our fine directors, who lives within shouting distance from the club is an artist at field drainage and has all the state-of-the art equipment to install all the drainage pipe. Larry has had him dig out the old pond and is using the dirt to make new berms for outdoor pistol and rifle ranges.

Consequently, the pond will be deeper and will, eventually, be stocked with fish. The pond will also serve as a catch basin with the field tiles emptying into the pond.

New culverts are delivered and will be part of flood control as well.

I camp on the back (south) line and all this will be a welcome addition to an already fine, but often soggy shooting club.

I hope to see you all there for a good shoot.

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Does anybody know if Brittany will be selling shells? I'm at the US Open and nobody here is selling them, not even Gamaliel. I'm a couple of cases short for next week.

12. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

They do have shells available at the shell house. Call them if you are looking for a particular brand and load.
    Pat

13. Barry C. Roach

Lynn Gipson and J&J are selling shells at the US Open.

14. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Found out today that Wally World has AA's in stock here in Sparta for $74.00, less the $20.00 rebate. Cheaper than Rio's back home.

Problem solved. Thanks, guys.

15. Arkie

Arkie Member

I was at Brittany Sat. today the grounds look nice and it was not muddy. Backed the camper in on grass no problems. hope everyone has a good time, I know our group will. See ya there Rick.

16. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Heading up this afternoon.. Look for the Dragon and you'll find Liz and I on the Vend Line..

Jerry B

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I'm going to We'll, don't like I'll. To much nois.

18. Arkie

Arkie Member

19. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

Drove through a rain storm on the way back from the U.S. Open. Parked my trailer at Brittany just as the rain ended. Pulled into my spot (grass) without any problem. Grounds look to be in good shape.

20. Barry C. Roach

Me too. The drain tiles are working well. Lot's of wet grass. No mud.