1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ILL anti-gunner defeated Cook Co. State Atty

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by almost unemployed, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

The goof that was behind all this nonsense was defeated in 2-5-08 primary election. Came in 3rd, was Daley's & other anti-gunner's favorite.

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Oh Well Things happen...

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Problem is he's still a county commissioner... gotta keep fighting!

Jay

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Suffredin was considered the front-runner for the States Attorney position, so it was fortunate that he was defeated. He did more TV commercials than the other candidates, his platform being that he was " a big guy at 6'4", and that he wasn't going to back down to the NRA and he was going to close the gun shops in Cook County." It's nice to think that rhetoric got him defeated.

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Another ray of sunshine!!

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

About the only piece of good news from the Illinois primaries.

7. tomk2

tomk2 Member

The gal who defeated him also ran many ads proclaiming that she "prosecutes illegal guns." I am curious, if convicted, how many years in the back of the safe does an illegal gun have to spend before it is allowed out on weekends? Can an illegal gun post bond and "be on the street" awaiting trial?

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I didn't say it was great news, but Suffredin was pretty flamboyant about it. I didn't vote for her; I voted against Suffredin. May be better, certainly couldn't be worse.

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

He was the most vocal about gun control, I hope his defeat at the polls sends a message to the canidate. Any one from Chicago knows that the republican won't get in.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Daley isn't a stupid guy, but for some reason just can't connect the dots on prohibition. His underlings follow his marching orders or they're out.

Jay

11. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Jay-

I think he has connected the dots, and has concluded that city hall and the mayor would be blamed for crime and its lack of punishment, if he didn't divert attention by blaming guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.