1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

--------IL. will take your guns---------

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by matttrapn, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Take a look at this boys and girls!!!! And if you think this is something, IL., has some brain-less woman out there that wants to ban lead-sinkers from use for fishing........ hope my copy/paste works.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Status of HB0687 96th General Assembly

Short Description: FIREARM OWNERS ID-INSURANCE

House Sponsors
    Rep. Kenneth Dunkin <http://ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=1450>

Last Action

Date

Chamber

Action

3/4/2009

House

Assigned to Executive Committee <http://ilga.gov/../house/committees/members.asp?committeeID=589>

Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance

430 ILCS 65/4.5 new

430 ILCS 65/8 <http://ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=043000650K8>

from Ch. 38, par. 83-8

Synopsis As Introduced
    Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that any person who owns a firearm in this State shall maintain a policy of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Provides that a person shall be deemed the owner of a firearm after the firearm is lost or stolen until such loss or theft is reported to the police department or sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the owner resides. Provides that the Department of State Police shall revoke and seize a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued under this Act if the Department finds that the person to whom such card was issued possesses or acquires a firearm and does not submit evidence to the Department of State Police that he or she has been issued in his or her name a liability insurance policy in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Effective January 1, 2010.

Actions

Date

Chamber

Action

2/5/2009

House

Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Kenneth Dunkin <http://ilga.gov/../house/rep.asp?GA=96&MemberID=1450>

2/6/2009

House

First Reading

2/6/2009

House

Referred to Rules Committee <http://ilga.gov/../house/committees/members.asp?GA=96&committeeID=602>

3/4/2009

House

Assigned to Executive Committee <http://ilga.gov/../house/committees/members.asp?committeeID=589>

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I already have an umbrella policy in that amount so they can do what they think they need to. I'll be in a differnt state with in a few years anyway, one that is far better than this state of corruption that I've endured for the last 58 years.

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Illinois is way behind New York in regards to "lead sinkers". I am not a fisherman, but I do know that they are illegal to use or possess in some waters in NY. Also,if you want to sell minnows in my area, you must have your ponds certified by the DEC at a cost of about $2000. per pond. We also have dozens more gun laws being decided on by our legislators. The democrats want to turn this state into a bigger shithole than it is now. Larry Evans

4. cle

cle Member

It gets even better. Another bill now in committee would make it a felony to possess a firearm within 100 feet of any public transit facility or school.

Can you get to your gun club with your safely transported firearm WITHOUT passing withing 100 feet of a BUS STOP?

Illinois Gun Control..........Don't Use What You've Got.....just PASS MORE. That will surely make us all so much safer.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Three quick points:

1. Maybe one the insurance people can comment about 'willful' acts. Do policies normally cover or exclude coverage for damages resulting from willful (typically illegal) acts??

2. The 'Honorable' Representative Dunkin aint from Illinois. He's from -
    you guessed it - Chicago, the heart of Crook County.

If Illinois were getting an enema, that's where the hose would get inserted.

3. Anyone with assets should have sufficient insurance coverage adequate to protect those assets. A person can EASILY drop six figures defending themselves against a baseless suit lacking any legal merit whatsoever. Without coverage, the cost of a completely SUCCESSFUL defense still comes out of YOUR pocket.

sissy

PS: I have a separate umbrella liability policy in addition to auto, homeowners, etc. In the event of a damage settlement or court award of damages, the umbrella coverage would only kick in after a 'regular' policy paid it's limit. The coverage is IMO remarkably cheap. I can spend about the same amount shooting 300 registered targets.

6. chastaj

chastaj Member

Does this mean that we will throw the criminals who commit a crime with a gun in jail for no having insurance???? And they wonder what is wrong with this country. The innocent are guilty, and guilty innocent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.