1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IL State AIM at Rend Lake

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by todddietrich, Jun 1, 2013.

1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Marissa, IL
    Just got a text message..
    The Rend Lake trap houses are full of water and tripping circuit breakers. I was told the two day shoot will be compressed to a one day shoot starting tomorrow. Hopefully Larry can give us an update.

Todd / Illinois
  2. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Dec 22, 2012
    That's pretty much the story Todd. Its gonna be a long day tomorrow. Everyone will shoot 100, then reset and shoot the next 100.
  3. grousser1

grousser1 TS Member

Apr 16, 2012
    when we showed up on saturday the storm had wiped out all three of the large tents that were set up for food service and picnic area, took out the end porta pottys and downed a large tree at the entrance. when we were there practicing on friday the place looked beautiful despite heavy rains the night before. it was a shame to see the damage and the extreme amount of water that occurred. the guys at rend lake pulled off a miracle on sunday though running a fantastic shoot. almost all of the water on the fields and in front of the traps was gone! larry told me that they had the line back up and going full service on saturday by 2:00 and that teams had come back to practice late saturday afternoon. although it was a long day these guys ran the 200 singles without any major issues and anything minor was taken care of immediately. the staff worked very long hours on sunday and never showed any negativity. thank you guys for a great time.

mike the grousser
  4. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Dec 22, 2012
    We had a long day Sunday and the event was pulled off without a hitch. Many, many kudos to Larry, Jack, and their staff for a first-class venue for the Illinois State AIM shoot!! More adverse conditions could not have been thrown at them. The Rend Lake Shooting Complex has come a long way and is a Top Notch facility!!! I'm proud to call myself a member!!
  5. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I was not there but I was sent some pictures and it looked bad. I am not surprised that John and Larry pulled off a great shoot after a weather disaster. If you remember, these were the guys that helped save the Grand last year with their speaker systems and chairs after the big storm. The staff has been great every time I have been there. What was for lunch? Miss Diana always has good food! I heard that they had all houses running. How long has it been since that has been done? A buddy estimated it has been 25-30 years since all of the houses were throwing birds. I stopped by yesterday evening about dark and the place looked great. All I saw was a little mud on the road and about 20 deer.

I am sure the AIM kids had a great time!
    See ya there June 22 and 23 for the next weekend shoot!
  6. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Hey guys:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I had to leave for Toronto Monday morning and have not had a chance to check any personal Email, etc.

I have received a few Emails inquiring about the shoot so thought I would explain what happened.

After a horrendous downpour Friday evening we arrived early Saturday to see all of the trap houses flooded, (not to mention the main road to the club) and a lot of damage to our equipment we had set up for the AIM State shoot. Our water removal system caught up to the water in the houses when the rain let up, but the ground was so saturated that the pumps continued to run full steam ahead to keep water out of the houses. When we fired up all the machines, the entire line would blow the circuit as there was just too much power being drawn.

Lucky for us John is an expert at resolving this sort of thing, so we are now in the process of splitting the line up and putting the pump system on its own circuit, and adding another one to split the trap line into two circuits. That will take care of this issue ever happening again.

Anyway, that's the story and we are sticking to it! Thanx to everyone who was so patient with us (we were really impressed how positive everyone was when this happened - shooters really are some of the best people anywhere)and we look forward to seeing everyone on the line!

Larry C