1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ikey Starks, ex Remington Pro needs our prayers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

My good friend, and friend to many ts.com folks, and many long time trapshooters, Ikey Starks (Denver) is in the midst of a tough struggle against that damn cancer. He was on the up side in his courageous battle, but now, well...

He'd probably be upset me posting this, but he's such a fine and true gentleman who'd give the shirt off his back to those in need, and now he needs US with a ton of prayers in this battle.

Ikey, if you're reading this, I am sorry to post it, but I firmly believe in the power of massive prayers. Lots of us who know you are standing right there with you. Alex in Denver has been by your side through this, as has Dave in NE, and me here in Rapid City have been praying that the good Lord has you under his wing.

God Bless you in this fight.

[​IMG]

Whiz

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Whiz, I join you in sending my best wishes to Ikey. I only know him from this site and emails, but have enjoyed his discussions very much. He was particularly pleased when AR was raised.

May the grand Architect be with you, Ikey.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Carol and I have been remembering him as well. We have missed him in our travels. ALWAYS a true gentleman!! We're with you, Ikey.....Carol and Merlyn

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

All the best for this gentleman... Dave Bishop

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ikey is a friend whom I've known and shot with since my beginning days in trapshooting. He is a straight shooter with a good heart, and I've missed him these last few years. Martin and I will be saying lots of prayers for him.

6. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Will say Prayers right now.

Bud

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Ikey hang in there buddy. You are in my heart and my prayers.

--- Chip King ---

8. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Get Well Soon. We will keep you in our prayers.

Brenda & Vern

9. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Thanks for this notice Whiz. great pictures. I hoped somebody would bring this forward. As you said, a sadder turn of fate can not be imagined. A great man. We all know him from Sportswest in Denver as the best Colorado gunsmith ever.~

Ikey is an NRA National Champion rifleman and winner of both the Lee O. Wright Trophy and Clarke Memorial Trophy in 1966. Very rare. About that time he gave up rifle and took up trapshooting. The best trapshoots are always the ones Ikey is at.

Hope you see this thread Ikey,... we are all praying for you so hard and love you so much.

"I'll see you", - that's the last thing my friend said to me when I called him last week. He's not taking calls now.

I'll see you too Ikey.

Charlie C.

10. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

prayers sent

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks Whiz. I was afraid of this. Haven't heard from him in some time, nor has he answered my e-mails. Wished I would have met him years ago. I haven't got to hear all of his stories yet. Thanks to Ikey I'm shooting one of Merlyn's MX-14L's.

I consider myself fortunate that we call each other friends. Hang in there my friend. You know that my thoughts and prayers have always been with you.

Devi, remember the day that you and I met Ikey for the first time?

YF, Steve

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Get well,Ikey. I still have & shoot the 1911 top end you did for me 25+ years ago. My son put it on an very early Para bottom & made a Limited gun out of it. Lot of rounds run thru it by the kid & me. You did one for me & 2 for my buddy. I remember sending you a NIB BB Serial # pre 70 Series gun. You sent it back to me as too valuable to work on. Long story there. Do get well.

13. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

Up for Ikey. I wish him all the best and pray he pulls through.

Jeff Bailey

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jim: When is the last time you saw Ikey?

Whiz

15. TC

TC TS Member

Ikey, Get Well Soon. Wishing you the best, Tony

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Bigtime prayers for you Ikey...stay positive and keep in your mind that you are a winner and can beat this evil disease too

17. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

++++ I met Ikey and Rocky at a shoot once. What a nice guy..easy to remember him. Strength to you Ikey......SMOKIT

18. rd

rd TS Member

Ikey- we love you,man, AND all your dogs! Saying a prayer for you.

Bob and PJ Doyle

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dam, I wondered why Ikey didn't respond to my email.

Ikey is one of the best friends I've never met.

A couple years ago when I came down with prostate cancer, Ikey sent me a PM and after that a whole lot of correspondence as he had been through it and wanted to share that experience with me.

He sent me a book with a whole lot of prostate information and would not let me pay him for it.

All during my radiation treatment, Ikey would send me words of encouragement. He'll never know what they meant, well, until he reads this.

All I can do is to pray for you and for your family.

Thanks for being there for me, Ikey, It was greatly appreciated.

I will never forget it.

A Humble Hauxfan!

20. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

I just got off the phone with Ikey's wife.

The best I can tell you is that he is resting comfortable and the Hospice is monitoring his pain closely. As such he spends more time resting than awake and is not very communicative.

Family and friends have come together and everything is in place so that his passing will be as peaceful as possible.

Ike and I have spent a lot of time together over the years so I feel comfortable sharing some of his thoughts with you. First, his passing is in God's hands and ikey is comfortable with that. When the time comes all he would expect is for each of you to say so long in your own way.

As Ikey charished your friendship and held the time he spent with you in esteem he would want you to do that for him as well as your other friends and certainly your family.

Thank God for getting to meet such a wonderful person, great guy and tremendious friend. Although such opportunities are rare they are more common among trap shooters than many other groups.

And finally, the next time you are at the trap club break a target for him. I know that were the roles reversed Ikey would do the same for you!

With respect to all,

Alex Ragulsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.