1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If you're not selling, you're buying

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I notice a lot of really nice guns at good prices that are up for sale
    and keep re-appearing month after month still unsold.

People selling their guns should consider this when deciding whether to accept an offer: The gun you're selling -how much would you buy it for, if it were someone else's gun? Because the end result is the same.

You have the gun and someone else has the money.

2. Dickgshot

The point is that somebody selling his gun ought to forget about how much he paid for it, or how much a loss he might be taking, and ask himself: If I saw this gun for sale, would I buy it for what someone has offered for mine?
    Usually the answer is "no." Then he should take the offer.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dicktax, I'd say it was up to the seller whether he wanted to sell it for less than he wanted.

Hauxfan!

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

dickgtax
    did you get my PM?
    randy

5. Dickgshot

Randy, I did not get your PM

6. 5spd

5spd TS Member

A gun will sell at the right price for the right buyer as always, what seems high to some may be just right for others.....besides if one does think the price is high an interested buyer can always make an offer that is best suited for him/her. If I cant get an item for what I want to pay then I will pass on it. I think this goes for most of us anyway.

7. Dickgshot

O.K. straightshooter1 says that he thinks what I was saying was that guns here are priced too high, then llano bill comes on and criticizes ME for what straightshooter thinks I was saying - even though, I didn't say it. It's enough to give a guy a persecution complex.

Here's what I was saying. If you're selling a gun and someone makes an offer that you're not sure you want to take, re-frame the transaction in your mind as if he owns the gun and you have the opportunity to buy it for that same amount. Would
    you buy the gun from him right now and pay him that amount. If the answer is no,
    you should take the offer, because if you don't, it's exactly the same as buying it from him - you'll have the gun and he'll have the money.

If you're not selling, you're buying.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The same gun thats over priced today wasn't not all that long ago ... The United States is in a resession and that makes all the difference in the world ... There are some super deals out there by some people who are desparate and are willing to take the loss on everything from their home to all of the so called luxuries of life ... I see boats, motorhomes, motorcycles,guns of all types, you name it and its for sale so there are some deals for the people who have the money and for those who don't have the money it really don't matter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.