1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If you're 55+ go to release!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Don't think a release has anything to do with leads. I'm over 55 and I do the same with my pull trigger broadway.

Eric

2. k3uro

k3uro Member

Yea,

But, do you flinch and do that?

Take care,

Jim

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm 59 and if I ever found the need to go to a release, I'd probably quit shooting...

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Turned 55 in July, been at the game 37 years.

No shooting issues bothering me, no need or wish to go that route.

If you want/need to, go for it, whatever you think you have to do.

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm 56 and went to a release in July of 06. The best move I've ever made.

Steve

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Na 221. The release will make you a better shooter. Try it if you don't believe it. But try it for real. Jake

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yep, the only thing better would be a 2oz set trigger....

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not everyone with release triggers do so because of flinching. There are some who believe it is a better way to shoot. I tend to agree, haven,t really went all out with one. I put one in the 1100 occasionally to keep ny hand in.

If 90T releases were cheaper............

HM

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pull triggers are gadgets. Release triggers are what would have been the norm if the guy that designed the first pull trigger had been a little smarter.

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jbrooks,

Well said.

Rickyd

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have shot double release triggers for many years. I developed a flinch and release triggers helped me a lot.

I would never advise anyone to switch to a release trigger if they do not have a problem with flinching.

Pat Ireland

12. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I stopped flinching after I got a stock that fit me. I flinched for 30 years befor that. Try a stock that fits first.

13. oletymer

oletymer Member

After 55 plus years of shooting I still don't have a flinching problem. For those who do and nothing else works get one but not all of us old people need one.

14. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

221, it is entirely possible that you are afflicted with the Al Capp Syndrome...Al Capp being the creator of 'Lil Abner of Dog Patch, USA. Al proclaimed to be an expert on nothing with opinions on everything. LOL!

Buz

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Chuck...you may well be correct...I just speal from my own experience in that on the occasion when I have tried shooting a release trigger just to see what it felt like, it was a bit unsettling....

16. MW41

MW41 TS Member

I went to a release because that is what came with gun. I have been shooting trap only for one year but hhave shot skeet and sporting clays for the last 30 years. I tried the release and shot 24 out of 25 from 16 the first time I tried it. It seems to be natural with me to shoot the release. Those that say they would quit before going to a release maybe should go back to a black powder muzzle loader. That is probably what they first shot.

Don Simpson

17. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

I'm 60 and was taught to squeeze the trigger, or the other guy may kill you. If you don't anticipate the bird or load magnum shells you won't flinch. Call for the bird, see the bird, go to the bird and and kill it. Release triggers are an unnatural act. As far as inventing the release trigger instead of a pull trigger, can you imagine the number of friendly fire incidents in wars?

Gary

18. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have tried to shoot a release trigger on probably about 15 different guns over the years, maybe a box and a half of shells all together, and I HAVE YET TO HIT A TARGET with a release lol. It just does not feel right to me and I just can't let it go smoothly. If I ever get to where recoil bothers me I will give it a real try for long enough to learn to shoot them. But only if that is the only way that I can continue to shoot. Hopefully that day will never come.

On the other side though, I know two pretty new shooters, just over one year, that have both went to a release and really love it.

For some reason, I just can not do it.

John

19. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

John, A WHOLE box and a half of shells? Wow, you really know about release triggers.

221, No, the guys wasting ammo are the pull trigger guys who's butts I kick while shooting my release and that's usually 95%+ of all of them that show up.

20. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

release, release, release,release,release,release,release,release.release,release.release. heck, who needs a release? i am only 55. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.