1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If your good looking life might be easier for you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 2, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I watched a television show recently that showed how some people treat good looking people compared to someone who may not be considered good looking.

We would all like to believe that employers, people in general, treat everyone with respect regardless what your looks are but after seeing this program life sure seems easier for good looking individuals in this world compared to people who may not be considered good looking especially in the current workforce.

In one of the segments a gal answered an ad for employment and she had a hidden camera and audio hidden on herself. She was not considered what most people would say as good looking, but she was highly qualified for the position that she was applying for.

Then another woman applied for the same position who was very attractive, but less qualified. Even the way the human resource representative handled both interviews was hard to believe.

The job was offered to the good looking applicant and then the producers informed the person doing the hiring what happened.

The woman who hired the good looking gal denied that there was favoritism even though the good looking applicant was not as qualified as the other applicant.

They then spoke to a professional who handles job discrimination and basically he agreed that better looking people have it easier on obtaining new employment in general.

He said that most employers want better looking individuals to have customer contact that represent their companies. He also indicated that it is very difficult to prove that there is discrimination among job applicants due to a individuals looks, good or bad.

What do you think?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

True, as long as the pretty face is also nice. If she is nasty all the skin-deep advantages disappear. If you're really interested in human behavior, watch everyone's reactions when a beautiful girl walks into a room. It is a revelation. Chichay

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I went to physical therapy for leg pain similar to sciatica. The therapist was a beautiful young lady who had a Masters degree from Duke. Within 2 weeks my pain was gone. I continued to go for several more weeks because she said that the knot in a muscle in my right buttock needed further massage. It had shrunk from golf ball size to pea size.

During this period, we got friendly which is not hard to do when a beautifil girl has her hand down you pants massaging your buttock. She told me that she had applied for a job at the University of Texas. She got a call back and I prepped her on how to handle the interview. When she got back, she thanked me and told me how it went. I asked if all the interviewers were men. She said yes and I told he not to worry, she was in. She had the credentials, the skills, the personality and the great looks. She was in!

She got a call confirming that they wanted her. At the end of my last session with her, she gave me a big hug and kiss and said that she would keep in touch.

How much did looks have to do with her being hired? All things being equal, her appearance would have gotten her the job 99 times out of 100! Hooray for pretty women.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Do you mean all the people that hired me did it just because I was so good looking LOL

5. senior smoke

birdogs:
    LOL. I have been in situations were my wife would ask me if I thought such and such was pretty? I would always say no, but attempting to keep a straight face was difficult.

One time, my wife asked me to rate a woman on tv from 1 to 10. I said she's a 6. Now this woman was drop dead gorgeous and my wife said, are you kidding me? I would even rate her a 10.

I told her I was judging her on a different scale than she was. My scale was that it would take 6 Clydesdales to pull me off of her. (just kidding)
    Steve

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have always found this to be true from personal experience ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

An ugly employer might not like the competition from someone considered good looking.

Robert

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Beauty may only be skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Eric

9. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Most of the good shooters I know have average to below average looks. Maybe they tend to be over achievers because of that.

Beautiful people may never develop the personality required to balance a well rounded person, having relied on looks to get them by.

Good looking or ugly does not a person make.

I do appreciate a good looking woman though!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

The preceding post reminded me of Bertrand Russell's meeting with a gorgeous showgirl. Apparently, they were exploring the possibility of marriage. "Think about the possibility, Mr. Russell" the showgirl mused, "with my looks and your brains, our children would have it all!". Bertrand replied: "What if they had your brains and my looks?!" Chichay

11. FIB

FIB Member

I've found in my working career that good looking people, male or female tend to be promoted more, asked out to lunch more, etc... Sad reality.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful ; )

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Who would you rather get your news from?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Damn, there you go again.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Kit: Now you're gonna have to stay up 2 minutes longer than your wife, huh?

-Gary :p

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes, the world is a friendlier place for good looking people.......both women and men.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Remdog1187, Julie Newmar, whoo hoo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. senior smoke

My next thread should be to rate ones self. Are you Good looking, ugly, Fat and ugly, and Dumb, fat, and ugly?

When I worked at the bank we had some lookers that worked there. It always amazed me when the good looking gal would introduce her parents. I would often wonder how two normal looking people could make such a beautiful woman.

I personally think it's a crap shoot.
    Steve

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Steve,

I'll start your new thread by saying that I'm not nearly as dumb as I look. :)

20. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

So how did Hilary get where she is????

Search tags for this page
if your good looking life is easier
shannon bream children

shannon bream legs