1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IF YOU LIVE IN ILLINOIS, READ THIS AND ACT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Received from the Illinois State Rifle Association today:

URGENT GUN RIGHTS ALERT – IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

The Illinois Senate is about to debate a ban on semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

If passed, you would have 90 days to register your guns with the State Police or face arrest and felony prosecution.

If you were caught with an AR-15 and 4 magazines, you’d get life in prison.

THREE THINGS YOU MUST DO TO SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS

1. Beginning on Tuesday, March 6th, call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you are opposed to Senate Bill 16 – the Daley Assault Weapons Ban – and that you would like them to vote against Senate Bill 16 when it comes to the floor. If you do not know who your State Senator is, then visit the following web site: www.ilga.gov and then click on the “Legislator Lookup” link in the lower right hand corner of the home page. Follow the instructions at that link.

2. Pass this alert along to all your gun-owing friends; tell them to call their State Senators also.

3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet Bulleting Boards and Internet sites to which you belong.

IF YOU DO NOT ACT NOW, YOU MAY HAVE NO GUNS LEFT BY THE 4TH OF JULY.
    -------------------------------
    Attention Illinois haters and those who seem to have little constructive to say about the state, we know you are there so you don't have to add to this post.

All Illinos shooters are urged to act and call your State Senator's office. Pass this along.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Hey Everyone - this is important not only for Illinois, but ALL states - especially those with "assault weapons" bans, like mine as well as The FEDERAL side of the coin! (Remember, the Pelosi circus controls the agenda and McCarthy already has HR 1022 out that would ban everything)

The other states and the Congress watch what happens elsewhere and attempt copy cat legislation

If it passes - it could prove the fatal blow to gun owners in other states and across the nation eventually

It's time for everyone to get off their collective butts and start getting involved - if you don't then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Gene, just emailed and will call later today.

Thanks

Bo

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Get those CALLs in they are more important than e-mails

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I will see to it that all of my Family and friends in Illinois hear about this and respond to it ... This cannot be a good thing for any state because they like to play follow the leader with laws and restrictions if and when they can get away with it ... WPT ... (YAC) and former Illinois resident ...

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Sen. Luechtefeld

As laws abiding voting citizen of the state of Illionios I strongly urge that you vote against Senate Bill 16. Requiring law abiding citizens to register fire arms is a dead end pipe dream that will do nothing to curb violence and lawlessness. Criminals do not register the guns he or she uses to commit a crime. Restricting the majority for the actions of a very small minority is pointless. Enforcing the laws that currently exist should be the approach of the Government not enacting new laws for the sake of legislation.

Respectfully yours

Ronald Ausman
    USMC Retired
    4636 Burkshire Lane
    Waterloo IL 62298
    618-458-xxxx

7. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Done!

Ron, hope you don't mind but I used a bit of your message since I liked it so much.

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Maybe your rep will get the point that allowing the Liberal Northern Part of the State to dictate to the Conservative Southern part of the State is wrong. Registration of firearms is pointless, time consuming, expensive, and ultimately geared toward a Fascist or Communist regime.

Semper Fi

Ronbo

9. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

10. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Its not even the Northern part of the state. I live in McHenry and there are a LOT of gun owners, trapshooters and hunters up here.

Its Chicago/Cook County that is really out of whack.

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Sounds like Cook county should become its own State and leave the rest of us alone.

Ronbo

12. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Called my senator's office. Give Cook County to anyone who will take them.(Doubt anyone will take them, so Illinois is stuck with them)

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Here's how it happens. The cities and towns start with their own ban. Not only are handguns and assault rifles banned in Chicago, but in suburbs like Evanston and Morton Grove as well. There's not enough strong opposition in these small towns which are controlled by their close-knit village boards and town councils, so those laws get pushed through.

So when the Cook County ban is introduced, there's not enough opposition because so many of the towns and cities in Cook County already had the ban. Now with the ban in Cook Country, by far the largest county in Illinois, there may not be enough opposition to a state-wide ban. After all, why work so hard to prevent a state-wide ban on assault rifles-and possibly handguns-when you've already had that ban in effect for years where you live.

You know what comes after the Illinois ban? Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.

14. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Sorry to act stupid but is this for the whole state or just Cook County. A violation of the 2nd Ammendment again and again and again. Many states will do a knee jerk reaction and try this microwave solution to ANY gun problem. Let's all get on board. Michael and Jane

15. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Since we don't live in Illinois we sent an e-mail off to Presidential Hopeful Obama giving him a very strong opinion of removing guns from law abiding citizens during a time of war. We are at war with terrorists, gangs organized crime and the organized drug cartel.

I guess if the Democrats want to destroy this country and give it all to the terrorists and vultures taking away the guns is a way to just hand our country over. Michael and Jane

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

SShooterz,

I moved to Arizona after living in Fox Lake for over 10 years, we was almost neighbors ... I sure miss having my boat 100 yards from my patio, if you live on the water you have probably heard me when I was passing your place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Sgt. Mike

This is for the whole state. This bill is in the Senate of the Illinois Legslature.

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

You might remind your congress, senate person that the state just put $40,000,000
    in a World Shooting Center. And this bill would kill a big part of the invested money already spent.

It would in most likelihood cause the ATA to find a different venue to hold the Grand also.

Rock

Jim

19. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Called first thing this morning to my Senator. The lady who answered the phone said a lot of calles were coming in. That's good if they are against the Bill..

Edgar, did you call or email?

Gary

20. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

SPRINGFIELD -- On Wednesday, March 14, state Rep. Mike Smith (D-Canton) will join the Illinois State Rifle Association as they host their annual Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day in the state capital. Gun owners from across the state will travel to speak to their legislators about their support of pro-gun legislation.

"As a long-standing supporter of gun rights and an advocate for preserving our Second Amendment rights on the state level," Smith said, "I encourage local residents to attend this important lobby day to education themselves on the legislative process and educate legislators on their views and the importance of this issue."

The purpose of the event is to gather local gun owners from across the state to increase support for key pro-gun legislation in the Illinois General Assembly and for the Illinois State Rifle Association. Even sponsors will provide transportation by bus to and from the event at a defrayed cost for participants. The day's schedule is:

9:15 a.m. -- Bus departure from Walmart, 3315 North University Street, Peoria

11 a.m. -- Arrival in Springfield; Stratton Building Cafeteria Lunch

12:30 p.m. -- Legislative briefing in the Howlett Building Auditorium

1:30 p.m. -- Lobbying Senators and Representatives; Attending Committee Hearings

5:30 p.m. -- Reception in the State Library

8 p.m. -- Bus departure from Springfield

"It is a strong sign of dedication when constituents travel all the way to Springfield to express their concerns face-to-face. This can have a deep impact on the understanding that legislators have of individual issues as well as the regional effects of legislation that vary across the state. I believe in the value of connecting legislators and the residents they serve as much as possible; I applaud the Illinois State Rifle Association and the sponsors for making this event possible and encourage gun owners and their families from our community to attend. I will continue to support legislation and opportunities for boosting the state's support of gun rights."

Registration for this event is free and accessible online by visiting http://igold.isra.org/ or by calling Lyman Twing at 815-635-3198. Smith represents the 91st District, which includes portions of Fulton, Tazewell, and Peoria counties. Rep. Smith can be contacted at his constituent office at (309) 647-7479.

Thought this would be a good place to put this article from the Canton Daily Ledger

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.