Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

If You Like Old Planes

917 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  W'ere de fox 'at 
#1 ·
Awesome!

#3 ·
When the Minnesota state shoot was at St.cloud a few years ago there was a airfield down the road. That weekend there was a small air show going on and a tri-motor plane was flying over the shoot. My friend and I went to the air show and took a 20 minute flight in a Stinson tri-motor air plane. The plane was all restored and similar to the ford. My friend got to sit in the co pilot seat. When we flew over the shoot the pilot tipped the wing so we could get some pictures. What an experience and it only cost $30.00.

#4 ·
While shooting at our club on sunday a restored B-27 G model came over twice. There was an airshow in town and they must have been giving rides. As if I need another distraction when I am shooting... But it was way cool. Didn't get to see the B-24. I wonder if it made it? It is a wonder that those type of planes ever got anywhere with the rudimentary instruments and equipment. It just goes to show how great and talented those soldier, sailors, marines, and airmen were of that generation. Your best bet hug a vet. Rick Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.