1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If you know anyone in CT please help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bob Butler, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

I attended the rally at our state house on Saturday with my daughter and a few kids from our youth trap and skeet team. Very good crowd and some press coverage but not enough.
    Still hearing the same old thing from my fellow state shooters, "What can I do about it, they already have their minds made up." Many I asked to go turned me down for stuff like a basket ball game!
    This needs to get maximum attention in the state house and the local reps offices or we may face more restrictions than the new NY bills.

Please-if you know any shooters who live in CT forward a link to this National Shooting Sports Foundation bullitin. We need more women esp. to help with the testimony on Monday.

Another good source for active info is the web site for the Connecticut Citizens Defense League or CCDL

If I sound like I am Screamin for help.... I AM!

2. hera200

hera200 Member

Sorry Bob, don't know anyone in Conn, also could not get through on your link. Good luck on trying to get headway on pro-gun help. Keep on trying!.....BUD

3. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Bob, I wish you luck. I had some friends who lived there, now live in NY state. They told me the couldnt understand why anyone needs "assault rifles" or handguns for that matter. I tell them my opinion of the whole situation but they were city dwellers, whereas I was raised in western Pa and had guns in the house all my life. What is it with people there anyway? I mean the firearms industry for intents and purposes was founded there. They implicate guns immediately before anything else.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but there are people here in PA who would try the same thing if we didnt stay vigilant and keep them from it. If there is anything we can do here such as write letters or emails, please let me know. Stay warm!

4. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

here is a bit of it.

Legislators in Hartford are in the process of destroying your Second Amendment rights by exploiting recent tragedies. Gov. Malloy, Sen. Beth Bye, and Rep. Bob Godfrey want outright bans and onerous restrictions on your rights through an enormous number of Anti-Gun Bills. Here are a few of the items included in one of their proposals:

An outright ban on ALL modern sporting rifles classifying them as "Assault Weapons."
    Restricting your ability to defend yourself and family by arbitrarily restricting the magazine size to 10 rounds.
    Confiscating ALL magazines holding more than 10 rounds, pistols included.
    Statewide gun registration for ALL firearms; knowing full well criminals won't ever register their guns.
    Re-registration every 2 years with ever increasing fees.
    Requires permit for any rifle with a pistol grip.
    Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
    Registration of all ammunition purchases.
    Bans internet sales of ammo in Connecticut.
    Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the U.S. Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.
    There will only be a few opportunities for discussion and opposition as many in Hartford are trying to pass legislation as quickly as possible. The first hearing (and may be the only time to testify) will occur next Monday, Jan. 28, at 10 a.m. at the Legislative Office Building.

Gun Violence Prevention Working Group Public Hearing
    Monday, Jan. 28, 2013
    Legislative Office Building
    10 a.m., Room 2C

5. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Carry On! here you go , ct conceal carry league
    CCDL, Inc.
    www.ccdl.us

6. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Back to the top.

There is a notice from CCDL to avoid talk of conspiracy theories or other items that will get your emails dismissed. Same for phone calls.

Keep to the point and be respectful.

Here is a link to a site that will locate your reps.

Please have your friends call if you can.

From CCDL email,

Critical Note: There are presently videos, articles, and some blogs circulating that are confusing many people. These all point to one ore more conspiracy theories.

While some of the information has not been released yet by the investigative teams, the Today show video in particular that mentions an AR15 in the trunk of a car is actually a video that was taken the morning after the school was attacked. That information has since been corrected to state that an AR15 type rifle was used in the attack.

Testifying with any kind of assertion that there is a conspiracy of some kind going on, will mean that you will not be taken seriously, and may mean a set back for us all. Please heed this message.

Additional Tips (Please see original tips below):
    We no longer need to bring additional copies to testify with other than what you may need for yourself.
    Web page for the Bipartisan Task Force: http://www.cga.ct.gov/asaferconnecticut/
    Email Public Hearing testimony: asaferconnecticut@cga.ct.gov Please indicate in the subject of your email to which working group(s) you would like your testimony directed (gun violence prevention, school security, and/or mental health services). Please be aware that any submitted testimony may be made public.

7. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Today is a big day. Any and all CT shooters need to reach out to the state house and let them know you are not OK with these proposals.
    We will still be calling this weekend, but look for a big push today before 2pm

If you think someone in CT has done this already please call them to be sure. Many I have talked to did not know about this meeting or the bills. This is not being published in the news.

Thanks for all the help.

8. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Good Luck Bob we here in Maine are going to have a fight on our hands Im sure I have a few friends in Conn and called them not sure how they will react but did make the call !

9. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Bill,
    thanks for that.
    I got a good call into my reps office today and exchanged emails back and forth as well.
    Kept it very civil and I think I was able to get a few details across.
    Every possible voice is needed at this stage.

My friend in MA sent me a scary email response from his rep.. To think this person is holding an elected office on the ground where Paul Revere made his ride is just so bothersome to me.
    I spent some time in Western Mass growing up and was well schooled in the story of the whole town being ransacked and the remaining members that lived being marched off in the snow to Montreal during the French and Indian War.

Bet they would have liked a few more reloads in the muskets that night when the hatchet was stuck in the front door.

Keep up the good work and call one more if you can think of one.

10. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Guys the big week is upon us. If you know anyone who lives in CT please call them and ask them to contact their CT state reps. Monday is testimony on gun safety, and wed is a meeting at the High School.
    We need to keep trying. Many I have talked to still did not know that this is going on.

Thanks for the help.

11. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Guys,
    this link is a good write up of the day in Hartford Monday as it really happened. I stayed until I was able to testify at 1:10 PM. We arrived at 9 am.
    I can not tell you how powerful it was to be with such a large crowd who were all aligned to protect your right to keep and bare your Arms.
    It was also powerful to talk with the families from Newtown. These people have been though a lot and I understand how their community has been torn apart.

The speakers were 5 to 1 pro firearms and almost all were very polite and well spoken. Nearly 85 percent were dressed in their best Sunday suits. This is all about perception and the press was watching.

I am curious as to what you saw in your news about this and how it played.

Please take a moment to watch the video feed in this article of the Father of one of the Newtown victims. His words raised the whole building in applause.

Be very aware the Chief of Police from Cromwell who is the head of the CT police chiefs association does not believe in the Constitution. He asked who was going to pay for his men to come get the guns he wants banned and confiscated.

Senator Williams is looking to take Chuck Shummers spot on the national stage as a gun ban pro. He was totally against NSSF training young shooters to be safe with a firearm. He wants no youth use of guns.

Thanks for making calls and sending emails.
    We need to keep asking friends to do the same and add the the momentum from yesterday. The task force is not firearms friendly. But they are listening to the phone calls and emails and taking a count.

Please forward this to all you know who shoot legally in CT.

Bob

http://www.yankeegunnuts.com/2013/01/28/ct-legislators-declare-war-on-second-amendment/

12. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

NY style bill passage makes a move across the border.
    Got this this morning. Please pass it on.

From CCDL

Stop Emergency Certification

Thank you to all that testified at the Working Group hearings. Now that these hearings have completed, we must contact our own legislators today and ask them to not support any gun bills that come as a result of emergency certification.

Please express the following:

1) Emergency Certification on firearms related bills is not the correct use of our legislative process.

2) We deserve hearings on specific firearms bills that are raised by a committee only.

3) Oppose any bill that comes to the House or Senate via Emergency Certification.

4) Politely remind your legislators that they work for the citizens of Connecticut, and that you are tracking what they do and how they vote.

5) Express that we do not need additional gun laws. Enforce the current laws and lengthen prison sentences for criminals that conduct violent acts.

6) Explain to them that the concept of "Gun Free Zones" does not work, and you support measures to increase school safety with police, security or possibly armed faculty that have received proper training.

Please Call and Write Your State Representative and Your State Senator Today

Links for State Reps and State Senators:
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/cgafindleg.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.