1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If you get there early enough... ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

If you get to the Grand early enough...

Might you find a gun for sale, buy it with deferred payment until the end of the Grand, shoot it, and win enough money to pay for it before you come home...

So no one will ever suspect that you spent any money at the Grand ?

2. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Could happen, but I would try to stay in the lower end of the market.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How long have you been having these delusions? HMB

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Hammer: Is that stuff you're smokin expensive????? GRIN---Ross Puls

5. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

It's the southern Idaho Green ya'll.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I once went to a turkey shoot (games) and this shooter had a then brand new 11/87 Premier Trap with beautiful wood. The year was 1988. He wanted about $500 and I was about $100 short.

We shot killers (Annies) for about 3 hours and then finished up with a 50 bird race and I came in 2nd in the bird race. By the end of the night I had enough to buy the 11/87 with enough left to buy my wife dinner at a Big Boy type restaurant. I took it from him on post 3 at the 25 yard line and I still have it.

Ed Ward

7. jdhog

jdhog Member

Now that's a great story , makes my day start out with a smile on my face .
    jdhog

8. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Back in the early 80's the Queen and I were just starting out and were pretty broke. We both worked but did not have much left over after paying the bills and feeding the big 3 year old boy that has grown into a big 33 year old now. I had been shooting a local derby that had an accumulating pot that took three wins to knock off. I had two wins or "legs" on that derby just before Christmas.

On a nasty cold windy December afternoon it was spitting snow. We loaded up my Mom's car with the kid in the car seat and drove the 45 miles to the shoot. We got there late, and I signed up and went out in the last squad.

I knew 43 was high so far, I knew we were the last squad and I had to run the last 5 to post 44. I have won some stuff since, but nothing will ever compare to the pressure on those last 5 with your wife and kid watching from the car. I hung on for the 44 and the win of about $200 bucks.

We hopped back in the car and headed to Toys-R-Us that had just opened and spent a big chunk of the winnings on Christmas toys for our boy. I have won some bigger amounts and more important trophies since, but nothing will ever feel as good as that win, on that day.

9. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

"If they're going to hang you for stealing a single pony...

Might as well take the whole herd."

~ Richard Nixon

Might as well go for a Perazzi or Krieghoff at the Grand.