Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you could only have one shotgun..

7K views 38 replies 39 participants last post by  ink ball 
#1 ·
A Citori with 30" barrels.

#19 ·
I would want 28" barels BUT, the same gun won't work for trap, skeet and clays, unless you change stocks between events or have an adjustable comb and change the drop to the comb. A gun that fits you for skeet and clays won't be a gun that also fits for trap because a trap stock will have much less drop at the comb. The 28" barrels are too short for a lot of people, but are just right for me for skeet and clays. I shoot gun down to get practice for hunting. I agree with Michael McIntosh, the rules allow for a mounted gun at skeet and now clays, but you don't have to, and it is better practice to shoot gun down.

#23 ·
Only one gun??? UGGG! I guess I would choose my favorite game and get the gun for that game. The other would just have to suffer. That being said Benelli Super Sport with a 30 barrel ( What can I say, I love that gun). Trap is going to suffer big time but then again it's only trap hu?

#25 ·
MX 8 with chokes of 21 and 35 thou., with adjustable comb, release triggers, 32" barrels. If you aim wll enough, you can hit skeet targets with a little tighter choke. I had the choke tube gun but I got too lazy to want to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.