1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If You Could Build Your "Perfect" Trap Gun ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If you could build your own perfect single barrel trap gun from guns or features of those gun you really like...What would it be??/

For example: Mine would start with a hi grade BT100 with all the bling like a Leos 1 of 100 and that beautiful drop out trigger..beefed up with a titanium firing pin..then fitted with a barrel of the type like the 99 Pluses or possibly the MX2000 style adjustable..the buttstock would be a hybrid taking the 99pluses adjustable comb and adjustable length/cant recoil absorber incorporated into a BT100's monte carlo style piece of grade6 wood..the forestock would be a chunkier version of the early BT99 style to add a little more weight forward...so thats "mine"..maybe being on my back I'll sit down and see if I cant draw a representation of it...If Browning did this and it was under $3500 they would sell a boatload I'm thinking...So think real hard and tell us how would you put one together???

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

If You Could Build Your

Let's see mine would consist of a K-80 receiver, I like the looks of it. Seitz triggers, Semi-lite .750 bore barrels from Kolar, Perazzi Forearm, of course the stock would have to be a Wenig. How about the Weight and balance system from Blaser, all this for an amazing price of $4999 for the combo set.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

If You Could Build Your

Easy and simple... have Perazzi send a MX-15 to Wilkenson
    without any wood. After he is done, have a nice stock made. Thats it.

Mark

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If You Could Build Your

I'm not real picky at all as long as it ..................hmmmmmm

............... looks much like the Seitz, Ljutics, Coles, Alfermanns etc.. That heavy well made American look with all the best in metals, springs,wood and machining processes. Fixed full choke 34" mid height fixed rib barrel. Roll over comb with Dawsons Stock Lock system. Roller release trigger. Some sort of Nickle finish with that blacked accent. That's it....

How much you think mine will cost??

5. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

If You Could Build Your

It`s real simple,, one just like a CG summit trap,top,un,ou or combo it`s all good, breakemall!!! ML.

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

If You Could Build Your

Just find a Devault Infinity Ultra and have Dennis make a stock for you and only you that fits you and shoot the hell out of it and have more fun then can be. Pat.K.

7. 3357

3357 Member

If You Could Build Your

I have a Kolar TS with a stock that fits. Its pretty close to perfect.

8. CalvinMD

If You Could Build Your

keep them coming!

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If You Could Build Your

My K-80 unsingle does feel fine for me. A little on the heavy side, but I like it like that. The only thing I would add is a trigger guard with a nude woman on it to match my top latch. Krieghoff did fine by me. Bulge.

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

If You Could Build Your

If I could build the perfect single barrel trapgun I'd build an Etchen Beretta 687 unsingle.

John C. Saubak

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

If You Could Build Your

New: Ljutic LTX with a release trigger. Stainless steel. Fitted at factory by Ljutic. A lightweight Ljutic model. 70/30 POI. Adjustable cheek piece and adjustable LOP for cold weather/hot weather changes. Tighter chamber to insure that gun would digest all factory loads.

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If You Could Build Your

A 9 lb seitz or Alfie... shoot lite loads. make sure it balances like a MX15 or MX3... accepts O/Us.

Sounds like a Perazzi.

13. elinvar

elinvar Member

If You Could Build Your

ljutic Pro-3- heavy barrel with "California" rib- fixed .030 choke- 75/25 POI- Adj comb and butt- .745 bore- Nickel plated receiver- Release trigger. blued barrel with Stainless rib.
    Should be arriving at my shop in a few weeks - can't wait!!
    Forgot to mention a black walnut stock!!

Terry Jones

14. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

If You Could Build Your

Mine is still floating around in my head and will likely stay there.

Harry

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

If You Could Build Your

34" Ported, Low Rib, Full choke, Factory Release Trigger,Stainless Rec. With Up Graded Wood,R.A.D., Adj. Butt Plate Polished side Plates---- Wait Thats What I Shoot NOW!!!!!!!!Joe W. Ok It Is A 90T Remington

16. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

If You Could Build Your

good thread Calvin!

I realy like the K-32 with K-80 internals that I shoot now with K-80 barrels but since we are dreaming...

I like the Sietz style receiver and fast trigger, add a fully adjustable rib, georgeous blonde wood that I will make myself (I just feels better that way) American made with exceptional machining. The ability to add the release with a tool or two would be great.

17. CalvinMD

If You Could Build Your

Thats sort of the point of this thread...some guns are pretty close to perfect for some,..but be realistic ..even when you are referring to a bone stock gun there must be something about it you would tweak to your liking..tell us about it...I find things I like and dislike on all guns...thats why my perfect gun was made of 3 or more guns,..the best of everything in one!!

18. MrRojo

MrRojo TS Member

If You Could Build Your

Browning Citori Top Single Combo set with a wood precision fit stock. Canted pad and adjustable rib for and upright shooting posture on both sets of barrels.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If You Could Build Your

CG did all this for me already.

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If You Could Build Your

My needs are more modest. 1100 or 1187 with a custom rib and a Jack West stock with adjustable buttplate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.