1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

if you carry a .380 ...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

american rifleman just came out with a list of the top 9 .380 pocket guns and the list just seems to have gotten bigger and heavier. i still tote a a very early p3at because it's small, and light and there's no reason not to just drop it in your pocket. what's up with the trend towards heavier small guns? and what do you tote? thanks

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

First line of defense: Kahr cw9 in a slide with jhps, backup Ruger LCP with Corbon in a pocket holster.

Of course, in my wonderful state that is only in the store or when I travel to more enlightened locales.

On the farm, either a S&W 624 or a Security Six, both with handloads as I only intend to shoot "game".

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ruger LCP. LCP in one pocket the cell phone in the other. Don't leave home without it.

Jim Skeel

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They are very light and concealable but that's about all they have going for them, as far as self defence goes.

I can wear my .45 ultra carry very easily. As far as stopping power, Even a .45 does not shock the organs, just makes a bigger hole and drops blood pressure the fastest.

Yes a even .22 can be fatal but how long does it take.

I agree the .380 is better than nothing but I want more than that.

5. fordfan347

fordfan347 Member

Colt Mustang, my favorite 380 carry gun.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Sig 230. Great little gun.

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Anyone use a Walther PPK/s??

Allen

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Allen. Walther 7.65 woth the fuhrer's signature (German eagle).

9. JRW

JRW Member

I HAVE A Walther ppks. Summer sometimes my Beretta 22LR. Jerry

10. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Airweight S & W 36 with wadcutters. No snags,failures, or questions. I looked at the new Ruger in 38 hammerless today, ---- and I was positively impressed -- lighter weight and easier trigger pull - more predictable, than the Smith. Either will give you 5 times mere dependability than an auto....merlyn...only in the movies do shooters get off 40-50 shots....5 good ones are better than a shitpot of bad ones...jmho

11. emm2

emm2 Member

Ruger LCP that I had the action polished. Never jams now.

12. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

Colt Detective Special.

13. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have a S&W 2" 357.... it goes bang 6 times....every time. It never fails to feed or eject and when you hit something, it knows it's been hit. Sometimes Old School trumps trendy high tech. If I have to drive a nail or two with real certainty I'll take a good old fashioned hammer over some high-tech air-powered wonder gizmo every time. It always works, and i don't need an electrical outlet. I think the same way with self-defense guns. The AR article noted that almost all of those guns had reliability issues..almost all of them. Snuby revolvers never do.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Kimber Pro Carry II .45, but my wife's 9mm M&P Compact is impressive. Light and very accurate.

15. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

When I want small, it's a 9mm Makarov. Weaker than a 9x19, a little more than a .380. Mostly, it's a Ruger SP101 .357 loaded up with +P .38 Specials; just about as easy to conceal as the Makarov, and a little more oomph.

16. dflo

dflo Member

Para Ordnance P-12 45 with 165 gr Cor Bon and S&W 342PD with 125 gr Cor Bon the 342 never fails and is light weight.

Dale

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I saw a Rohrbaugh at the SHOT show, They are with out a doubt the best made pocket pistol I have ever seen. Available in 9MM too, no need for .380.

Randy

18. WGB

WGB Member

Since my life depends on it I skip the KelTec and the Rugers.

19. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Used to carry a P230 and had a PPK, neither I liked all that much. Both gave me slide burns when shooting. Have a P228 that I really love, be hard pressed to give it up. But I am looking at a USP as I would a .45 over a 9mm.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Setterman,

The kimber ultra .45 is my fav, but the M&PC9 is my second, Like you say, very accurate and a 13 rnd cap. Just a little on the thick side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.