1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If the ATA Had Any Sense of Promotion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

And I really hate giving the ATA free advice, but I have selfish motives.

If the ATA had any sense of promotion, they'd run a Christmas campaign wherein all ATA clubs agree to sell and accept 10-round (or whatever) punches for a fixed price, like $4.50 or $5.00. Cards should also be able to be purchased from the ATA website. If your club charges more than that, too bad. That's why it's called a promotion. Let the card be good at any ATA club, and let the shooter shoot as many rounds at as many clubs as he wants until the card is exhausted.

I don't care that they'll have to work out how each club receives payment for each round shot. No excuses. Just get it done.

Oh, the marketing database that this campaign will build.

P.S. No "facility fee" or "guest fee" scams to holders of these cards.

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

The ATA is not a franchisor.

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

You remind of the marketing guy that cones into my business, knowing nothing about my industry, and proceeds to tell me everything I am doing wrong in my marketing.

Scratch "remind". You ARE that guy.

4. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

No excuses.

Let's start finding ways to do things, instead of finding every excuse not to do things.

Hire me as Executive Director, already. I'll form a subsidiary corporation called "ATA Promotions" that can do everything the ATA can't. Knowing how to shoot Trap doesn't give someone the experience to run a complex business.

I'm cheap and worth it. $100K turns your organization around.

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

You're a guy who knows one thing and thinks he knows 100.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You hate giving "free advice", but you want ATA to take a loss on some weird promotion?????????

What is the purpose of it? To apply during ATA shoots?

What if the club is closed to the public, except during ATA shoots?

My club charges $4.00 a round for practice during an ATA shoot, I suppose they would like the increase.

Hire you to run ATA? What are your qualifications? Have you ever run a multi million dollar business, charity or any other organazation that would make the ATA want to hire you?

Are your initials BHO???

7. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Ok, how about this. The ATA is not a franchisor. The clubs are not franchisees. The ATA cannot, therefore, tell the clubs how much they will charge for something. That's called price fixing or worse, collusion.

You are worth, at most, the $1.50 in change I have in my pocket.

To gain some credibility on this site, how about you answer some of plethora of questions that have been asked directly to you that you still have not answered. You can start with the PM that I sent you back in July after I answered all your questions.

Nah, you'll just get all pissy and start deleting your posts, AGAIN. Wait, no, you are already pissy.

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

"You're a guy who knows one thing and thinks he knows 100."

Someone out there, help me. Does anyone know what thus even means?

9. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Oliva, do you know how bitter and ridiculous you sound? "Price fixing?"

Some of you people would argue against a rainstorm in a drought.

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Wow, SEVEN questions dodged. And the tote board rolls to 10. Just in the last 10 minutes.

And yes, it is called price fixing. And even franchisors can get in trouble for it. And the ATA is not a franchisor.

PissyIndyShotgun - 0 jevoliva- 2

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Yeeoooow! Whether you call it "Marketing" in the MBA sense or "sales" as in the "boots on the ground" making contact with the ATA affiliated clubs and the ones that have the potential to become registered target outlets the ATA needs to find a mix of the two efforts to promote both trapshooting "in general" and registered trapshooting in the "specific".

Let's talk about that John. I believe that, with a good grassroots promotional program, we can double our ranks in 5 years...........and that's not including those who try it once as a lark and disappear. It's hard enough to get somebody to try it but it's even harder to keep them. A good follow-up is necessary to keep shooters shooting trap.

Do you think the ATA would listen to a program that would double our ranks in 5 years? Don't you think that that would more than pay for itself? Don't you think the shooting industry would listen to ATA and help with that effort...........however, even without that corporate aid, doesn't the ATA have a few bucks that could be spent on a truly topnotch marketing/sales effort? I know it can be done and I'd love to try.

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Barry - 100% agree. The ATA should look to a markeing firm to help. Preferably one that has worked with other granizations in the same type of business.

I've been harping for "exit interviews" for a while to find out WHY people leave. I don't think that has ever happened.

If you can't tell, this thing between me and IndyShotgun does not pertain to this subject. But, I know you can.....

I guess I will just go back to my bitter cave. Oh wait...

13. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Oliva, the answer to many of those exit interviews would be you or those like you. Only a small percentage of the population can stand being around people like you.

You oppose everything just to be cross. You're so bitter and negative. Do you really expect people to get involved in any activity in which they will have to interact with you?

Please fade into the background and leave the stage to the people with the skills and ideas that will help Trap grow and be attractive to a broader group of shooters.

Or you could be nice and supportive.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

At least indy shotgun has admitted one thing-he can't shoot!!

15. Barry C. Roach

You don't need a marketing firm. There are folks within the ATA that know how to make a marketing plan. Dave Sickmeyer, Devon Harris and Randy Moeller to name three young turks that understand both marketing and sales accumulatively. I'm sort of an old turk and I have been working on a plan but it cannot be done without some funding.

16. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Oleo,

I put up a 47/50, recently. Are you saying that 94% puts me in "can't shoot" status?

17. oleolliedawg

Barry, pay no attention to indy. He's a pretenda', wannabee, non-ATA member professional bunker boy who collects the unbroken targets at the local gun club, tosses them out of his Outers manual trap and tells us how good he could be if he could afford more ammo!!

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Barry - true. Is Randy still around? Didn't see him at the Grand this year.

Ollie - he sure can dodge a question though.

IndyShotgun - you have all these great ideas for the ATA, so why not post your ATA number. Or name?

19. oleolliedawg

Yeah indy, I feel your pain. I missed one today myself-out of 100!!

20. Barry C. Roach

Oleo. I'll take any chance I can get to talk about the promotion of our fine sport. I truly believe the very future of trapshooting is in jeopardy without it in this tough and competitive market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.