1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If Texas secedes will NYC hopefully follow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

There have been several news items reporting that the Governor of Texas says they can secede from the United States. Should this happen, the only right thing would be for NY City to follow suit. Their legal gun owners & sportsmen could move to upstate NY and we would be rid of the liberal trash and the huge siphoning of money from upstate. They could become a soverign state and Hillary would get her chance to become President (or Emperor or Queen). Obama would need more unfortunates to vote for him so Cuba would be next in line for statehood. PO'D in upstate.

2. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Didn`t you blokes fight a war over something like this????

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

6878mm: If we can't find someone to fight, we fight each other. That's the American way.......

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I'm PO'D enough in NY that I'm moving to Idaho next month. "F" NY. Just in property taxes alone, in 20 yrs. at the current rates I'll save 150k. NO BRAINER.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I think you will see more states step up and consider this,,,,the feds just keep taking and taking and then try to give back but put so many stipulations on it that it would break the state in the long run.

Part of the TARP money was turned down by Gov. Perry was designed to help the unemployed,,,,the problem was once you extended the benefits and used the TARP money,,,,then you had your precedent and had to continue the benefits and ultimately putting extra financial burden on the states.

Watch the states and see what their budgets do in the near future!!!

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Texas will likely not even try but I would like the state to challenge the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution to answer the question of "if it could".

The Supremacy Clause is why gun owners better watch the Obama Administration and its dealings with the UN. The UN was working on a policy to control all small arms in the World. If the U.S., through the Obama Administration, signed on to such a Treaty, under the Supremacy Clause it would negate the Second Amendment.

To Wit: There has been some debate (and fear) as to whether or not some of the basic principles of the United States Constitution, such as the country's system of government or Bill of Rights could be affected by an ambitious treaty. Since the constitution states that a treaty has supremacy over "any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding," it has been argued that the potential for abuse is present.

Jimmy Borum

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

puablo po'd in NY 2!!!

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If Texas leaves then the Grand and all the shooters will be moving also.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.