1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If Red MTN doesn't make a comeback............

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Az Al, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I just heard that Red MTN has been closed by the Reservation Counsel.

While I hope it comes back, I am also willing to be the advance scout in the Tucson Area for Anybody wanting to winter here in Tucson.

I live 30 to 35 minutes drive from Tucson Trap and Skeet Club, in this area there are guite a few RV Parks, and even more Mobile home parks that are now advertising RV's WELCOME.

In the 30 to 35 minute drive to the Trap Club

Fairview Manor, minutes from I-10 and Miracle Mile exit, is a very nice park, huge club house, swiming pool, monthly rates April to Dec. rates 199.00 Jan to March 425.00.

Miracle Mile RV Park, just east of Oracle Rd on Glenn ST. Small club house (3 card tables, one pool table) 295.00 a month with a 50.00 electric use deposit. A nice park,

these are two that I know, there are 112 listed in the online Yellow Pages I looked at.

E-Mail me and I will go take a look and let you know what it looks like to me.

AL

2. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Big Al, don't forget Double Adobe... Been throwing targets and camping since 1990. Shoot six days a week, trap and sporting clays. The best deal in town (sort of)! Mike

3. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Al, last I looked DA was "sort of" out of town! Mike

4. bas

bas Member

Good work, Al..let's hope RM makes a big comeback.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If it's bulldozed in November as rumored, a comeback may be a little dicey.

HM

6. bas

bas Member

halfmile, I note your keyword "rumored"....and, there are a lot of them floating around.

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

Big Al,

Thanks for the offer of help in the Tucson area, we may take you up on that.

It was quite a shock, just when all the snowbirds were making plans to come

"home" for the winter.

BAR

8. NEWDoubleAdobe

NEWDoubleAdobe TS Member

Double Adobe has 103 full hookup camping sites we do throw Registered birds as well as Sporting clays and other fun shoots in the winter months. The fields are opened 7 day a week & we shoot from 9am to 6pm. So if anyone is looking for a great place to spend your winter and shoot some great targets come on down. For more info on our registered shoot schedule and camping go to our web site at www.doubleadobe.com or feel free to call 520-364-4000. We also have polished reclaimed shot for sale call for pricing. Thank You, ROY

9. bas

bas Member

AND....the Double Adobe schedule can be found on the our web site.....you know the drill...see above. We have lots of targets waiting for you....

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I wasn't forgetting DA, just at a 2 hour drive from Tucson I thought it might be a tad far from a large city, were some of the winter visitors might want to find a nice place at a reasonable distance from a good Trap club.

AL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.