1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If Obama Had the Votes, He would Take Your Guns!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Obama's facing some tough skeptics out here, though, and comments like the ones he made in Duryea, Penn., earlier this month don't necessarily help.

"There’s rumors going around that you're going to take away the guns," said a hunter at a glass factory.

"I think this is a great question so I just want to clear it up," Obama said. "Because I know there are probably some sportsmen here in the audience. I believe in the Second Amendment, and if you are a law-abiding gun owner, you have nothing to fear from an Obama administration! I mean this has been this has been peddled again and again…

"I’ll be honest, and I’m sure there’s some NRA members here," Obama continued. "Their general attitude is 'Look, we don’t want anything, and if you even breathe the word "gun control" or "gun safety," then you must want to take away everybody’s guns.' Well, that’s just not true...

"The bottom line is this. If you’ve got a rifle, you’ve got a shotgun, you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it away. Alright? So they can keep on talking about it but this is just not true. And by the way, here’s another thing you’ve got to understand. Even if I wanted to take it away, I couldn’t get it done. I don’t have the votes in Congress."

That "I don't have the votes in Congress" line has ricocheted around the country…"

Another slip of his lying, Muslim, Kenyan tongue.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Another account of it;

September 5, 2008, 2:38 PM Obama: ‘I’m Not Going to Take Your Guns Away’ Christopher Cooper reports from Duryea, Pa., on the presidential race.

The Obama campaign talks a lot about new ideas and expanding the political map, but in the swing state of Pennsylvania, which the campaign has focused on almost exclusively since the Democratic convention, old-school issues still rise to the fore.

The latest example came Friday during a small political event at SCHOTT North America Inc., a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., where even a hand-picked crowd threw Barack Obama a curve ball.

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here are His REAL friends.

"Ayers & Dohrn Given Rings Made From US Planes Shot Down Over North Vietnam

Barack Obama previously admitted that terrorist Bill Ayers launched his career.

Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn made headlines in Venezuela in 2005. (Flickr)

Today it was reported that not only were terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn cavorting with America's enemies during wartime, but they were given rings from the North Vietnamese made from US planes shot down over Vietnam.
    Scott Swett and Roger Canfield have this shocking report today at American Thinker:

Even before Weatherman began its notorious bombing campaign, the group's future leaders had formed relationships with others who shared their hatred for "Amerikkka."

Bernadine Dohrn made numerous contacts with Fidel Castro's Cuban Mission at the UN in 1968 and 1969, during which time she arranged for SDS groups to visit Havana.

After returning from Cuba, Dohrn and others met with North Vietnamese and Viet Cong representatives in Budapest, Hungary, to discuss antiwar strategy on US campuses. Speaking a few days later at an assembly of revolutionary student movements at Columbia University, Dohrn reported that the Vietnamese communists she met in Budapest were working with US GIs in Saigon, attempting to obtain military information.

As a gesture of solidarity, the Vietnamese who Dohrn met in Budapest presented her with a ring made from an American aircraft shot down over North Vietnam. Bill Ayers would receive a similar ring while meeting with Vietnamese communists in Toronto. He later recalled being so moved by the gesture that he "left the room to cry." He said, "I realized...America was an evil... and that I was... living inside the belly of the beast...."
    Isn't it comforting to know that these terrorists launched Barack Obama's career?

UPDATE: Obama must have learned something from all of his time with Ayers.
    Today, The One is trying to silence another journalist who dared to write something negative about him."

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Yep, why would he feel the need qualify his position if it was his legitimate belief. I personally don't feel he could get the job done of taking away our guns, (i.e. votes or military assistance to disarm America), but he really should let his record speak for itself.

Has anybody ever forgotten or mis-spoke about what religion or denomination of religion you are? How could he say to George Stephanopoulos something to the effect of . . . I thank the John McCain camp for not making an issue of "my muslim faith" . . . . and Stephanopoulos asks him, "don't you mean your christian faith?"

I have never forgotten that I was raised and still am catholic, how could something like that come out of his mouth if there wasn't something there? I still think he is a muslim, or very very confused about his religion, ethnicity and now issues of gun control.

John E.

5. trap906

trap906 Member

I wonder if anyone else has heard the radio add Obama has out? There is a guy with the last name Shockey, don't know if he's some kin to Jim Shockey. but he says his orization is the American Hunters and Sportsmans Assoc. They are for Obama!!! says he won't take the guns, but what about the 10 point plan from Obama that the NRA recently sent out? I figure Obama is just like the Clintons, they will start with handgun bans, and then start putting huge taxes on all ammunition so we can keep the gun just can't afford to shoot it. your thoughts???? Rob in Ark.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Rob, I just heard that radio ad in Indiana today, some ex-football player who says he's part of Obama's "sportsmen" front organization. It quickly morphs into an economic treatise about sending jobs outa the country, etc. More crap.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"American Hunters and Sportsmans Assoc" is a well known, leftwing, anti-gun front organization that is designed to fool idiots.

8. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

What about the current administration?

The ATF is on a rampage, harassing dealers and owners.

What is being done to control their activities?

Just a question.

Jim

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Let's clear the air about this fake "pro-gun" group RFN:<br>
    <br>
    From NRA-ILA<br>
    <br>
    American Hunters And Shooters Association: The Ultimate In Political Camouflage<br>
    <br>
    When it comes to political discourse and campaign rhetoric on Second Amendment Rights, there are two events that have shaped the current landscape more than any others: the 1994 mid term elections and the 2000 Presidential election. In 1994, gun owners turned out in record numbers to send a message to the Clinton Administration that the gun bans and the anti-gun laws they had pursued were unacceptable. And in 2000, Vice President Al Gore lost because his position on guns was unacceptable to voters in states that had been reliable for his party for decades.<br>
    <br>
    The result was a watershed change in American politics, and a change in the way many anti-gun politicians campaign. Rather than talk openly about their desire to ban guns, register gun owners and regulate firearms sales, anti-gun politicians talk about their “support” for sportsmen. Rather than admit they oppose the individual right protected by the Second Amendment, they claim they “support firearms ownership for hunting.”<br>
    <br>
    This is all an effort to mislead and divide the gun owning community and to dilute gun owners’ political impact. Anti-gun activists want to ensure that 1994 and 2000 never happen again. To achieve their goals they have created new organizations with names designed to confuse gun owners and hide the real agenda. The American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA) is one of those groups.<br>
    <br>
    AHSA was created with the specific intent to provide political cover for anti-gun politicians by allowing them to claim support from a “sportsmen’s” group. In truth, the anti-gun credentials of AHSA’s leadership is well documented. For instance, AHSA president Ray Schoenke has a long history of giving political donations to some of the most anti-gun politicians, including Al Gore, John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, Bill Clinton, Dianne Feinstein and Ted Kennedy. In 2000, Schoenke donated $5,000 to Handgun Control, Inc. (now the Brady Campaign) and the Ray and Holly Schoenke Foundation also made donations to the Brady Campaign. AHSA Board member John Rosenthal remains the leader of Stop Handgun Violence, the Massachusetts anti-gun group. And one of the leading organizers of AHSA is Bob Ricker, who has been a paid expert witness against gun manufacturers in a number of reckless lawsuits. (For more information, see Anti-Gunners Don Camo As Elections Loom.)<br>
    <br>
    AHSA’s political activities are predictable when you consider its primary goals are to discredit the NRA and advance the interests of anti-gun politicians. AHSA`s first effort was in the 2006 Missouri Senate race. AHSA used direct mail to mislead sportsmen and distort the landmark work NRA was doing to protect millions of acres of wetlands in Missouri. While NRA was working with legislators to protect the 100-year flood plain in Missouri from development and ensure that land would be available to hunters, AHSA produced direct mail falsely claiming the NRA had “sold out hunters” so that they could mislead sportsmen into voting for anti-gun candidate Claire McCaskill (See Who Needs Another Alternative To NRA for more information.) Unfortunately, AHSA’s lies were at least partly to blame for McCaskill’s election and the loss of Sen. Jim Talent, a valuable friend of gun owners and sportsmen.<br>
    <br>
    While the NRA counts membership in the millions, AHSA can only claim a few hundred members and has done nothing to advance the issues important to sportsmen. On top of that, in its first foray into Second Amendment issues, AHSA chose to stand alongside one of the leading anti-gun politicians in America: New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. AHSA supported Bloomberg’s effort to repeal the law that protects confidential law enforcement data from disclosure that threatens the privacy of gun owners and the safety of law enforcement officers—all so that Bloomberg could use the information in reckless lawsuits against the firearms industry (for more information, see: The "Tiahrt Amendment" on Firearms Traces: Protecting Gun Owners` Privacy and Law Enforcement Safety). By standing with Bloomberg, AHSA President Ray Schoenke made his claims that “we are a gun rights organization” impossible to defend.<br>
    <br>
    AHSA has also attempted to use the District of Columbia v. Heller case as an opportunity to create false pro-gun credentials, but its effort reveals the group’s real agenda. In its friend of the court brief—ostensibly in support of the challenge to D.C.’s gun ban—AHSA claims to support the individual rights interpretation of the Second Amendment, but a complete reading shows a different story. The AHSA brief actually makes the case that the D.C. gun ban is mainly improper because D.C. is not a state, and the gun ban has not been authorized by Congress, saying “as a federal district, D.C. enjoys none of the indicia of statehood absent congressional legislation to the contrary and, therefore, basic notions of federalism cannot logically or semantically apply to the District.”<br>
    <br>
    If AHSA’s position were adopted, it would strengthen the ability of states to pass more restrictive gun laws and lessen the impact of a pro-Second Amendment ruling in any of the fifty states. Unsurprisingly, in its conclusion, the brief states:<br>
    <br>
    The argument advanced by [AHSA] would in no way prevent the D.C. Council from enacting reasonable regulations relating to possession, safety, and registration of firearms in the District. Indeed, it has a responsibility to the public to do so. [AHSA believes] that the District’s Gun Law was a laudable effort.<br>
    <br>
    “Reasonable regulations,” “a responsibility to the public to do so,” a “laudable effort”?<br>
    <br>
    No organization that claims the D.C. gun ban is a “laudable effort” or claims the gun regulations supported by the D.C. Council are “reasonable” can be described as pro-Second Amendment by any stretch of the imagination. And the claim that the gun ban’s primary flaw is that is was not enacted by a state eliminates any doubt that AHSA opposes a true individual right to keep and bear arms. If AHSA’s view were adopted, states would largely not be subject to the ruling—and to the extent they were, would not be prevented from enacting a broad range of laws as “reasonable regulations.” In fact, they would say, it would be their “responsibility to the public to do so.”<br>
    <br>
    AHSA would be more correctly called the “American Association for the Protection of Anti-Gun Politicians.” No gun owner or sportsman should fall prey to its carefully crafted lies and deceptions.<br>
    <br>
    Posted: 2/27/2008 12:00:00 AM

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

hey r44,

you're going to get McCain and Palin right up your butt for the next 12 to 16 years. Try to relax and enjoy it. LMAO

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    LOL, yet ANOTHER Obamabot is urging us to vote third party. So, r44u77, are you voting for the Green Party? Or do you only want to reduce the number of votes McCain gets?

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Obama supporters: I urge you to vote for Ralph Nader....a true patriot...reject the democrats (really republicans in disguise)...teach the democrats a lesson.....VOTE NADER!

*For those of us who value gun ownership and enjoy shooting, there is only one electable ticket: MCCAIN/PALIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.