1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If not the ATA, then what ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warpspeed, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Here is my question.

For those who love to shoot trap, those who need a little competition in their life, those who can't just sit around surfing the internet all day and night reading about it, if you do not shoot registered ATA events, what do you shoot ?

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Practice.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Pheasants. I think shooting poor people would cost less.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

but some shoot back! Poor people that is.

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I like the challange! That's why I used to vacation in Rhodesia untill 1980 that is.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Play with my cars ... I asked my wife to put some shine on them because I wanted to take the 67 Plymough to a show, she said she was busy cooking, cleaning, shopping and keeping things in order ... I told her to do it in her spare time, I got a look that if it could kill, I wouldn't be here ... I told her I would drive it over there myself if she would let me know when she was done ... ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1353.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1354.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1356.jpg

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

as was said, practice OR non-registered league shooting...

Jay

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Zardo,

Thats not a Camaro, its a Dodge Challenger R/T ... The Burgandy one is a 1967 Plymough Bel I with the Hemi (pictured) in it ...

The prices an real estate is still very much in the buyers favor yet and will be for a long time coming, because there are so many houses for sale ... You get the occasional goof who thinks his house is worth $250,000 like my neighbor because its on a Golf course but it will sit there forever at that price ... There is a beautiful home for sale down the block that a snowbird from Wisconsin is selling, has it listed for $150,000 and its in move in condition ... He just wants to sell because he's getting to old to make the trip anymore for the winter months ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

PITA= Pacific International Trapshooting Association.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

For competition and comraderie, you can get plenty of that in League shooting or just regular ol goof off practice sessions with your buddies. Also as noted above there is the PITA organization which is where I register most of my targets.

Then there are other shooting games if you have the time money and energy left over from trap. Sporting clays for instance. Give SASS a try or take up one of the action pistol games.

Still bored? get an ATV and explore the back roads. Go fishing , golf, bowl .... no shortage of things to do.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Trooper is my daily driver, the two toys I take to some of the shows depending on what the forum is for that show determines which car my wife lets me take ... I like the classic shows the best because then my wife lets me drive the Plymouth with the "Old time rock and roll" Hemi in it ... The only problem with the Plymouth is it draws a big crowd and everyone wants to drool all over it ... The Challenger is really a great road car, in 6th gear at 80 MPH its only turning 1800 RPM so it sips gas and got all the Balls you would ever need ... The last late model show I was at they had 10 Challengers and a few Chargers, mine was the only Challenger with the T/A scoop on it ...

I want to build a new house, it would be a 10 car garage with an attached living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a dining area, and small kitchen, plus of course the additional shower and bathroom in the garage ... I keep telling my wife the house is too big and the garage is too small ... She thinks I'm kidding ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Trooper is my daily driver, the two toys I take to some of the shows depending on what the forum is for that show determines which car my wife lets me take ... I like the classic shows the best because then my wife lets me drive the Plymouth with the "Old time rock and roll" Hemi in it ... The only problem with the Plymouth is it draws a big crowd and everyone wants to drool all over it ... The Challenger is really a great road car, in 6th gear at 80 MPH its only turning 1800 RPM so it sips gas and got all the Balls you would ever need ... The last late model show I was at they had 10 Challengers and a few Chargers, mine was the only Challenger with the T/A scoop on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.