1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If McCain gets elected, and something happens...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RobertT, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

And you're point is?

Robert

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

i will be her body guard so dont worry rick

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A much more conservative person than McCain....that's who. AND, I hope SHE enforces our current, but seldom used, illegal immigration laws.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have no problem with Palin becoming president. She's a hell of a lot more qualified than Obama and isn't a jackass idiot like Biden.

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I'd take her as president over Obama anyday.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Well, then an intelligent, courageous, person of integrity will lead our country. A very good thing!

The SCARY scenario is if the elitist, wimpy, ectomorph Obama gets elected and he "CHANGES" our country into a WELFARE STATE. Even SCARIER perhaps, is envisioning him across the table fom Putin, the Chinese or the Iranians. Ironic and revealing that your "CHANGE" Messiah appointed a blowhard, Beltway insider with many years of government ineptitude and whose only accomplishment is getting HAIR TRANSPLANTS!

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

ysr_racer, I don't think anyone read your question thoroughly. The answer is the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. She would be become the Vice President.

8. sbhced

sbhced Member

Recurvy,
    While I appreciated some of your post you missed on this one.
    The new president would then appoint a new vice-president, subject to confirmation of the Senate. Many on this forum will remember Nixon's resignaton and the leadership-go-round that followed. I was merely a child but already politically aware.

Ed

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I did mis-read the original post.

Talkng of "San Fran Nan", it appears she has a little competition this election cycle. The anti-war, Hugo Chavez lover, Cindy Sheehan, is running against her. I don't know what the polls are saying, but an upset there, would take Pelosi out of the House leadership.

THEN...who would fill that most important third slot.

Doug

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ed:

Even before that... don't forget Spiro Agnew's resignation and the Nixon's appointment/confirmation of Ford - the first President never elected to office.

Jay

11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

This is who gets the job...

Sarah Palin NRA Life Member, Fisherman & Hunter

http://losttarget.blogspot.com/2008/08/sarah-palin-nra-life-member-fisherman.html

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I hope you guys are better at voting than you are at reading. I know who becomes the pres, I want to know who becomes the vice pres?

13. Joe Potosky

A down to earth hard working person with family values and who is not afraid of a good fight...

Or Job Biden

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN5khF2i2ek&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN5khF2i2ek&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Racer ,
    Think about what /?/ > Sara Palin or maybe ''Pastor Wright '''

You Think About > IT.
    Win

15. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

WONT be Hillary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Capt Rick makes an excellent point. Historically, Presidents have not been alone in the Oval Office. They've all selected, or attempted to, those people who can provide them the best advice possible.

It's literally impossible for the human to get his/her mind wrapped around every possible event, contingency, strategy, or tactic needed to run the most powerful office in the world. No matter how much of a policy wonk he/she may be, there are just too many seemingly detached events that come together to create a crisis or opportunity.

We all have the advantage of hindsight and second-guess when it comes to what decision(s) the President makes. Even when presented a full list of options he needs for his decision, he still must narrow that data down to something he can latch onto, and make a rational, sane decision.

We have turned the Cabinet and Presidential vetting process into a witch hunt in many instances. We long for the best and brightest, but we can't wait to bare every fact, factoid, rumor, and outright lie. No wonder many will not undergo the pubic rectal exam to hold public office.

We have been preciously blessed with relatively few deaths of sitting Presidents. Aside from assassinations, we've only had four Presidents die in office (W.H. Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Warren G. Harding, and Franklin D. Roosevelt). Without exception, their Vice-Presidents were elevated to the Presidency, and served with no Vice-President. Lincoln's, Garfield's, McKinley's, and Kennedy's successors all served the balance of their remaining terms with no Vice-President.

It wasn't until the XXV Amendment was ratified that the Presidential succession was formalized.

Statistically, there is less than a 10% that either McCain or Obama would die in office of natural causes. There is also less than a 10% chance of either of them being assassinated. Should the event occur, Governor Palin, if she holds the Vice-Presidency, will do the right thing. I like the way her moral compass points.

Best,
    Dennis

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If McCain gets elected, and something happens

I think a scarier scenario is if Obama gets elected period. Murray

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Please, don't fall for the Red Herring....the question posed was not intended to seek clarification regarding congressional rules....this was a left-wing probe to plant the seed of FEAR in people voting for McCain.....

Brad is a bright guy....he damn well knows who would take office....you guys are being manipulated.....

REJECT THE WELFARE STATE MESSIAH and his balding, do-nothing, blowhard mate!

19. Joe Potosky

Never mind Vice President, lets match up Paling vs. Obama

http://losttarget.blogspot.com/2008/09/nra-member-sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama.html

20. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

ysr racer, if you would read the answers to your post you would know that as the Vice-President ascends to the Presidency, he or she, as it may be, nominates a Vice-President. Anyone that meets the Constitutional requirements is eligible. Then Congress, both houses, must vote on the nomination. The nominee must be confirmed by both houses by a majority vote. That is how a Vice-President is selected.

Thanks, that's all I was asking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.