1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If Ljutic Would Build

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If Ljutic would build a trap gun that was like the Mono Gun for $3500-$4000 it would outsell, Kolar, KX-5, Browning, all put together.

It would have to have an adjustable rib, adjustable comb, and an optional release trigger that could be swapped release to pull.

Built with the latest CNC Equipment, mass produced.

I would like to see this done, I also would like to be involoved in the development of this gun, I honestly believe it could be done, and done in less than 6 months time.

American Ingenuity at it's best hour.

The secret is the less moving parts, than other trap guns in the trigger group and a larger hammer pin, so stress at this poing doesn't change the trigger pull.

I honestly believe that orders of 2,000 guns immeaditly would be possible.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

You missed one thing GARY IT NEEDS TO BE A COMBO!

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

You question is a lot like asking, why doesn't Bently make a $30,000.00 family mini van.......they could sell a million of them........

Answer: they don't have to.

I think there was an announcement from Ljutic earlier this year about a combo set to come out some in the near future.

As far as fewer moving parts, that is something Ljutic is already known for.

4. pdq

pdq Member

I think what has been proposed is completely doable.

All it would take would be to shut down the operation in Yakima, fire all the people, outsource the production to Pakistan, use re-cycled steel versus the high quality materials used now, and give it a "tail light" warranty (as soon as your tail lights are out of sight, so is their warranty).

Of course, instead of a Ljutic being good for 250,000 shells before needing adjustment, the new model may need the same after 250.

They could sell them through WalMart, and easily sell 2,000 / year. And, with used ones suddenly available for only a couple hundred dollars, there'd be a booming market there too.

Pete

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I agree with Pete. You can always make things cheaper, but what is the ultimate cost?

Currently, Ljutic makes the most reliable, well made, simplest shotgun on the planet. The only way to reduce the expense is to stop paying the employees and use less expensive materials. Sorry, but these guns are a bargain at their current prices.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

One of Ljutics...Als quotes.... We take more time selecting the steel for our barrels than other mfgs. take in mfg. their guns.

Regards.....Gerald

7. pdq

pdq Member

One of the criticisms of Ljutics is how they depreciate in the first year or three. I've never understood it given the guality of the guns, but it is what it is. As a whole, the owners of Ljutics I know take impeccable care of their guns.

So, when you can find a pristine example for 50% off new, it is a true bargain, as it may have lost 50% of it's original price, despite having experienced only .05% of wear. There are terrific bargains out there if someone wants a Ljutic for $4,000.

I don't own one, so I'm not talking from a "pride of ownership" standpoint, I've just owned them in the past and know how well they are made. If you like their balance, how they swing, and how they shoot, they are true bargains and will last a couple of lifetimes.

Pete

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will be the first person Ljutic contacts when they decide to develop a new gun.

Tell me again WHY Ljutic would want YOU to help design a gun???

Maybe Ferarri needs me to help with their next sports car design. Geezz

9. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

For that kind of money get a KX-5 and be done with it. Very simple trigger very few parts, Adj comb and rib. Thats what you wanted, and a Krieghoff will hold its value better.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A lot of the old Ljutic's one sees for sale, are selling for about the same or close to what the original owner paid. What did a Ljutic Mono sell for new in 1971? Someone must have some old paper work.

11. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

As far as price I once purchased a new Beretta 682 Gold-E (4K price range) though I'm sure it's not the norm this one was messed up..I could not hit a first target on doubles with it. Found the lower barrel's POI was 100% left while the top was on as expected. I played with it for a long time thinking Beretta would think I was nuts, and asking myself how it was possible? Calling them I expected them to contest, but apparently I was not the first. I shipped it back and they did fix it..but..dang! for 4K I'd hoped it would shoot...in the same general direction I pointed it.

For Ljutic I'm sure it is a bit of a trick to build a combo gun while holding to the engineering that made the Mono what it is. If they can do it without compromise it will be amazing.

If you look at the way combo's are made, then compare to the qualities we appriciate in the L-mono it's a bit of a head scratcher thinking how that will work?

12. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

If Al was only 35 again. Allen

13. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I think that these high priced trap guns are way over priced. P's, K's, B's S's. L's on down. A Remington 870 is more difficult to produce than a Ljutic and cost thousands less to buy. "Tell the world what you intend to do, but first show it".

Harry

14. Beni

Beni Member

I dont think a comparison of an 870 to any of the so called P,K,B,Or the famous all American made Ljutic is a sane assessment. beni

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Beni, I think Harry is a Liberal, judging some of his posts on other topics, which would explain a lot.

16. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Harry,

Are you serious? Do you have any idea what it takes to make a gun?

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

pdq - The Ljutic's never gave the dealers much margin to work with. That sets the stage for skinny profit deals for the dealers - both for trading or an outright purchase. When you went to trade your one year old Mono gun the dealer couldn't give you much for it because of that short difference between wholesale and retail.

I've seen one year old fancy wooded SLE pros that sold for near $7g's new going for $4,500. The dealers have to buy the used Ljutics back as cheaply as possible to get some margin enough to work with or they aren't interested in trading or even carrying the new guns..

This was back when the Ljutics ran the show. I don't know if their pricing structure has changed or not.

18. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I stand by my opinion and statement. I said that the high priced guns are way over priced. I did not compare the ease of manufacture of the Remington 870 to them. I only compared it to the Ljutic. Rastoff, the answer to your two questions is Yes and Yes. Liberal or conservative has nothing to do with my statement or opinion about the brands and prices of the products. The statement that "We take more time in selecting the steel for our barrels than other manufacturers take in manufacturing their guns" might be a reason they had to sell them at such high prices.

Harry Lyga

19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

what a crazy thread have you seen how many used Ljutics are out there that are for sale at less than those prices? and you want to develope a new name gun to compete in this spiraling down economy? Ljutics biggest problem is the lack of resale value.Bought new they are a losing proposition. period. I don't know why they haven't been embraced by the shooting public perhaps it boils down to they didn't pay the top shooters to support their product. Ljtutics are the trap gun model of functionality, simple efficient and will lasts a lifetime. If you want a gun to just shoot and clean, they are the berries, but buying new isn't the most cost effective way to go.

20. Beni

Beni Member

I still dont see a Ljutic built with ease like an 870 a sane statement beni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.