1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If it was your choice - C.G. or K Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

If you've owned both ( or researched them ) what are the pluses and minuses on a C.G. Impact and Krieghoff Pro Sport ?

I'm curious how these guns compare for all the disciplines - i.e. trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Assuming price would not be taken into consideration nor the longevity of the Krieghoff over the Guerini - which to choose base on the attributes alone ?

Thanks

2. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I recently traded my Kgun for a new CG Magnus......couldn't be happier.

JMHO

Jim C

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

It was my choice. Had both in Trap Combos Still have and love the Caesar Guerini.

--- Chip King ---

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

My Ford will take me same place your Cadillac will---The CG is a Ford compared to a K-gun--That should get some interest----JMO---George@SJB---

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Yeah the Cobra GT and GT40 were ONLY Fords after all. ;o)

--- Chip King ---

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

If it was NOT my money I would probably choose a much upgraded Kgun Combo. My money, a CG Combo would get my cash.

I wrote a check to CG for an Impact Combo (I like the slightly lower rib).

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

When I was looking for a Trap combo with a high rib. I shot bot the K80 and CG.
    The CG came home with me. John

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

All I know is that everyone around here was trying to sell his CG shortly after buying it. No idea why. When they have been around for fifty years or so, you can give them a fair comparison. You don't suppose the thousands of dollars price difference had something to do with these decisions, do you?

10. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Guys need to learn how to shoot the guns they have!!!!!!!!!

The best gun is the one you have!I love going to the a big shoot and watch the masters of their craft shoot- they are shooting the same gun year after year and some are very tired looking. These people can shoot any gun they want but they stick with the gun that brought them to the promised land!

11. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I was actually shooting this weekend with one of the best guys in the club and he was shooting a Seitz with a wad of black clay on the grip and a mess of a butt pad that was too big and worn. Wasn't looking very pretty, but I am sure that he can mop the floor with mostly anyone out there.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

CG for me..they are everything the higher dollar guns are ...plus you get a better rib system on the O/U barrel in the combo

13. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hey EuroJoe please be so kind as to let me know where "around here" is cause I got a bunch of folks that keep trying to buy my CG and maybe we could hook them up with the folks you have selling and both could win.

--- Chip King ---

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I cannot honestly compare the two, but I have owned and shot Perazzi's for quite sometime ... I looked long and hard at a CG that a guy had for sale locally and could not believe how cheap (thats probably a BAD example) the CG felt in my hands compared to my MX-2000 ... He offered to let me shoot it and maybe I messed up by not doing so, but I still have some Perazzi's and no CG as of yet ... They sure do look nice though ... The difference in money has to account for there being a lot of guys buying them instead of a K or P gun ... I wonder who will be the first Top Gun or All American to go over to the CG ... I am going to shoot a CG just to see for myself one of these days, but I do not want to open another can of worms ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

the worms are out of the can I have both K and CG-the CG fits me better so i shoot it more often

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

well as long as you dont mind your gun being worth 1/2 of what you paid as you walk out the door- get a CG

You really do get what you pay for-

My opinion

CGs sell by their appearence- everyone thinks they have found some great value---

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I've owned a K-80 combo trap and a Guerini Magnus
    trap. I much prefer the CG.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gene,

Thats the other thing I was considering when I looked at that CG that I looked at ... They are nice looking, not sure about how they will hold up over time becasue they have not been around long enough ... I have an old Perazzi TM-1 that is older than a lot of the shooters out there today and its keeps on keeping on, never missing a beat ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. broken target

broken target Member

The CG is Junk compared to the Krieghoff,if you don't have the cash you can only settle for less the CG. Again what top shooters are shooting the CG f it is so great. After 50,000 rounds it will be as looses as a 10 day watch.

20. 682b

682b Member

If you don't have the cash for one of the big 3 (Kolar, Krieghoff or Perazzi) get a Nice 682X beretta. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.