1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If I wanted to confiscate guns what would I do?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BustClays, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BustClays

BustClays Member

I would subpoena any and all gun transaction documents I could get and any and all Gun Club membership lists, NRA mailing list, and all state hunting license holders, then obtain a warrent and proceed to "pick 'em up." Under the guise of guns being a danger to public health. (It's probably in Obamacare someplace.) How would you prevent it?

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The Second shot heard around the world!!!!!!!!!!

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

First you would have to bring in the guard. Not enough man power for local LEO.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

all ammo sold in gov't buildings, just like state controlled ABC stores, all people reloading must get an ammo manufacturers license & insurance--this would be the ultimate control.

Phil Berkowitz

5. oz

oz Active Member

Just like they did in nazi germany and other totalitarian countries...first you register, then you confiscate

6. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Make sure you have good life insurance !!

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

After confiscation you would assign E. Holder to redistribute to the Mexican drug cartel.

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

First - you do not surrender your firearms or ammunition. Civil disobedience would be first step... but look to the caveats below.

Second - if you have firearms that never went through a NICS check, separate those from the firearms that do have a transaction record via a form 4473. Clinton attempted to load all surrendered 4473's that had been submitted by Gun Dealers when they quit having an FFL. Don't know whether that record exists in database but it exits in physical logs.

If accosted by law enforcement on your normally purchased vis FFL dealer firearms, surrender them and file suit for recovery immediately seeking a Stay Order to prevent destruction - this would blow up the court system based on sheer volume.

Third - continue to stock up on reloading components and/or ammunition while still available at gun shows and private transactions. If buying from store or gun dealer use cash - not credit.

Fourth - if you have one of the 'to be banned or restricted' class like an AR-15 or AK-47 and have ammo for them, make sure you have a bolt action rifle in the same caliber to deflect questions regarding the ammo purpose.

Last - But First ahead of the above. Keep heavy pressure on your Congressman and Senator, or move to a State like Texas where the Second is very strong as any Federal Law will be challenged by the States as a breach of States Rights where the rights of the State exceed in latitude, those of Federal Law. Unknown outcome like Obama care but better than Illinois or California.

9. drgondog

drgondog Member

The first thing we have to do as firearms owners is not give an inch on Registration as that is the lynchpin for confiscation. My comments above were in regard to what I suggest when confiscation actually starts.

I actually have no problem in acquiring medical information but limit it solely to a.) an actual medical diagnosis by an accredited MD on the patient's mental state, and b.) a written recommendation by the Physician, reviewed by the patient, with options to seek another opinion before such entry is made a permanent record, and c.) an option after a period of time of recommended treatment, a re-examination of the condition.

If under these circumstances a person is then logged as 'potentially murderous' then he/she may be entered into a nation wide data base. That entry should always be challengable by the patient in order to re-test and elimination if deemed 'cured'.

To me it has to pass civil rights rigor and there only for the pupposes of a firearms or explosives related background check. I would als insist on audit trail of access and make it a felony for anyone to access the database records except the MD and or/MD review authority.

For the purposes of the Thread I would pass Registration, follow with Tax push for those on the database, with compulsion to surrender arms if Tax not paid, and then raise taxes until people quit paying them.

If this passes, the 2nd Amendment is toast as well as the Republic of free citizens capable of taking back the Constitutional Rights from an over reaching federal government.

10. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Why are you guys helping them?This subject is nuts! Remember "RUN SILENT RUN DEEP"!

11. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

You want my guns, you punks? Come get 'em.... I dare ya! (my wife's screen saver)

yakimaman_2011_2804126.jpg

12. drgondog

drgondog Member

Blackfoot - you can rest assured that Feinstein went over these details carefully when she met with Holder and ATF in late October, then again early December.. the stuff we are talking about has already been vetted by the Anti 2nd Amendment Senators and Administration. There will be a concentrated and powerful approach to push ALL firearms named in her Bill to Registration and Tax and Tax again on Transfer.

What is REALLY another question altogether is whether Obama is considering naming vocal 2nd Amendment proponents as "terrorist" and invoke NDAA sanctions (arrest, detain without charge or trial, and/or execute US Citizens labelled Terrorist). I am not aware of any in the US yet but its going on overseas..

Thanks to both Parties - he has that Executive Power Now unless and until the Supreme Court takes up the matter once and for all. There is a petition for the USSC to take this up Immediately.

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The internet perhaps is one of the greatest weapons to come along in a long time to keep a tyrannical government in tune with what the people are thinking. Nice that they monitor it.

14. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

the government can't even run an id check on a presidential candidate! the only thing holding our guns is our own two hands! each American owes it to our past military and to those of the future! when the knock on the door comes it is individual fortitude and determination not to sway! the NRA won't be in your driveway! There comes a point and time when enough is enough! confiscation of guns,then genocide? best to stop it now!

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

You would have to find people willing to confiscate them.I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.Then find out who has them.That wouldn't be a problem.You would then ask for them to be turned in voluntarily.There is a lot of suckers that would turn them in.From that point on it will get a little dicier.I'm sure LEO's and the military will have a plan to forcibly take them and for the most part will be able to do so.I would like to think by the time they start forcibly taking guns there will be some gun owners that are prepared,trained,have a plan and some organization to resist.Surely it won't come to that but who knows.

Darr

16. spritc

spritc Active Member

Quit giving out ideas, they have enough of the own!

17. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

You all remember the "Arab Spring" and how the media thought that it was such a grand event?

Well I see the "American gun owners" spring could be here sooner than they think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.