1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

if I wanted to buy a used thrower...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darincraft, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darincraft

darincraft Member

Calkidd and I were thinking about building a trap range on my property. Does anyone know where to start looking for a used thrower other than the obvious trap clubs? Any ideas what the cost might be?

Thanks
    Darin

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Call Tri State, (724) 785-8727.

HM

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Singles only or doubles too? Handset or automatic? Wobble? Electricity available or 12v dc? Price range? Your location?

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

QRP - Ohio... I know they refurb used machines... I think I recall others on this site as well...

Jay

5. darincraft

darincraft Member

Thanks guys,
    Calkidd is at a shoot, but hopefully he can chime in here. I was thinking doubles. The mandatory would be an auto with a pretty good size magazine, maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 clays. As far as power is concerned it could be what ever is cheaper. We are in California and I was thinking in the $500-$800 range. I don't know maybe I am peeing into the wind with that price range, but I thought I would start my search here.

I know we're wanting to build a regulation house, with concrete pads from the 16-27 yard line.

Thanks again,
    Darin

6. letzc1

letzc1 TS Member

My club will sell you a used Remington automatic thrower. It will hold a case. Make and offer
    letzc1_2008_12046.jpg

7. 320090T

The Remington will throw doubles too?

8. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Take a look at Western Retro Products for modifications that fit the 1524 X traps, singles and doubles.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Never seen a Remington thrower. Is it missing parts that hold the targets on the carousel? Just wondered how the birds stay on? Looks like a machine that could be cleaned up and serve as a real nice Trap thrower at home.

10. wdturner

wdturner Member

Being in Minnesota for a Verrrrryyy long winter, My first thought was snow thrower!!! Good luck in your search. Tom Shields

11. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Golden West Industries - 818 365-3946

12. traploader

traploader Member

Darin,

I make an autoloader for a Western "White Flyer" Electric trap (V1524) aka handset that holds 100 targets. Model DS100. The DS100 allows you to throw singles or doubles. Retail is $1495. I have a used one for $800. Shipping is $100. Used Western handset traps sell on this site from $100. I have rebuilt ones in stock. A Western will oscillate horizontally as per ATA rules for angles and target flight specs. I also make a kit to convert the trap to wobble. My website has video of the machine in use.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Victoria, BC Tel: 250-216-8937

13. len loma

len loma TS Member

I have a used hand set western thrower I bought for $100 for my back yard shooting. I also like shooting sporting clay targets and bought a demo Atlas thrower with radio control. Saved a couple hundred dollars and got the factory warranty. All I can say is Atlas is a well built American made machine that throws a great target. Operating on a battery sure makes it handi to set up sporting clay presentations as well as trap. Someting to think about. Shoot well, Len

14. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

The trap pictured above is a Remington model 4100. It throws a good singles target but not automatic doubles. To throw doubles, the magazine should be removed and the doubles hand set. At best, it throws mediocre doubles. Although it was designed to hold a case of targets, it can be modified to hold more. I could easily load two cases in mine. Finding replacement parts was difficult for me. QRP was the best place for me to find parts. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

15. 320090T

If you buy a Western Retro you will have to drink Fosters too.

16. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

The Western Retro fitted to the hand set Western trap will throw the best pair of dubs you will ever see! The classic pre-automatic doubles presentation.

17. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

grntitan, the Remington trap machine is a unique machine. You don't see them around here much anymore, but a couple of local clubs had them many years ago. The target just stack up with no side supports, and just slide around on the top of the carousel as the machine throws. You would "think" the targets would fall over during the operation of the machine, but they don't. There is usually a center rod with a little round height gage to let you know how tall to make each stack, and I don't see it in the picture. The accordion bellows on the bottom is the moving part of the arm structure that moves bask and forth for the angles. Mike* (MH*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
used automatic clay pigeon thrower
used clay bird throwers
used clay pigeon thrower
used trap machines for sale

used trap thrower for sale

used trap throwers

used trap throwers for sale

western trap thrower for sale