1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If I move to another state

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by widomaker, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

If I move to another state which will happen at the end of February do I have to get a new card from the ATA or do I just go up to classification and tell them where I live or do I just use my card the way it is and wait until the next shootiing season.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Why not call the ATA and get a new card with your new address? Until then you can use your old card as your ATA number will not change.

Eric

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Ok the new card is the way to go I take it. I just want to get it right the first time so I won't have to do it over again. Thanks for the info as soon as I get an address I'll give the ATA a call. I the mean time if I want to shoot do I just change it at classification so they know that I'm from NC. instead of NY. ?

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Get a new card from the ATA. You really don't have to change anything to shoot at a local club. Eventually all your ATA shooting records will list you at your new NC address. Go shoot, have fun and don't sweat it.

Eric

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

widomaker call the ATA explain the situation to them and ask their advice on the best way to proceed. I am sure they won't delibrately steer you wrong.

Bob Lawless

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Gona miss you at ATA East,,,,,but I will be at NC State shoot,,,look me up,,,,I have moved 3 times scince joining the ATA 7 yrs ago,,,,,,all it ever took was a phone call to either Kathy or Kay ,,,I forgot witch,,,,both ladies are very helpful,,,Bill

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

682LINY:

Thanks thats nice of you to say. I am going to miss NY too. When we moved up to North Country NY we had no friends and did not know anyone. When some of the locals talked me into shooting some trap at Sacketts Harbor in 07 I had no idea that it would open up a whole new world for us. We met lots of people at the shoots and granted it was a bit rocky at first but all in all the vast majority of shooters were a wealth of information and we made lots and lots of friends. I'm a NY'er but hopefully NC. will afford us some opportunities that will be just as rewarding. I'm going to try and make it to a few of the shoots like the NE Grand and the Empire to see some of the friends I have made here. I'm not sure how they shoot in NC. but if its anything like here in Central NY the competition will be fierce. Having to shoot 99's and 100's to place here at any shoot local or big is an experience like no other. I'm going to miss all the friends we have made as competitors and mentors alike. THANK YOU all for letting me shoot with you and taking me under your wings teaching me the ropes and letting me squad with you.

Your awesome...

Martin Milano ATA # 0765881

8. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Again thanks I'll miss the NTTL also. I'll not be able to talk to Bud and Marlene before we leave and I don't have their Florida number. When you shoot at Lyme let them know where I am ok or if Lyme shoots at your club first let them know. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.