1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

If Grammie were President.......?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

You ask a question that not even a wealthy politicion could anwser with a straight face.....

Its too late to get our industry back,,,,and our high tech manufacturing is leaving in droves....

We have morphed into a "service nation",,,at least we will shortly....

We must have the imports,,,because we can no longer make the things we need,,,,you cannot make a pair of shoes,,when unions demand $$$$ per hour,,and then sell them for 25 dollars,,,,See U.S. big three car manufacturers for prime example,,,,,I do believe it takes more than 2,000 dollars per vehicle just to pay workers insurance premiums,,,not to mention the 40 dollars per hour in wages,,,,,and then pay retirement benefits on top of that!!!!

Everybody cannot be millionaires in this country,,,,a free economy cannot function under those conditions....And everybody cannot make 40 per hr without much pain as a consumer...

"No man need work for another" at one time that was a motto in this country,,,,Now,,,corporations own almost everything,,,Wal-Mart took care of the "mom&pop" stores,,,,and some of the 'big box' stores too,,see Sears and K-Mart,,See Montgomery Wards,,see what used to be the local hardware stores....

Not even KFC,,taco bell,,own their own stores,,,they are owned by YUM Brands Corporation....

Mergers and Aquisitions have gobbled everything up,,,even the banking industry,,,and when you no longer have choice,,,you get price fixing,,and in turn lousy service,,,,because you have no choice!!!! In short,,,they have us by the short hairs with an iron grip!!!

A society such as China can exsist and remain for thousands of years,,,,but a democratic republic has a 'short' life span in comparison,,,,,,,perhaps throwing the eggs out the frying pan and starting over would set things right,,,But every revolution ends up with abuses much worse than the previous ones...See Mexico,,see Cuba...

I could say,,,,"throw the illegals out" that might get support,,,But in the long run,,it would do nothing!!!

We have a president and country that offers tax incentives to 'out-source'!!!

We have corporations that have sacrificed Americanism for profit...Our own auto manufacturers have "foreign" CEOS without any vested interest in this country at all!!!!! So does that surpise anyone when they see these staples of american manufacturing go down the toilet??? It shouldn't!!!

We have spun a web and have caught ourselves!!!!!!!!!!

The America you once knew is going "global",,,and there will be no fixing americas woes,,,not in the way you mean or want,,,any politicion that says they can,,is simply blowing smoke and saying what you want to hear.....

No amount of "luv hugs" and good thoughts or prayers are going to fix it,,,,And God is going to sit this one out......There will be many that profit and grow,,and enjoy globalization,,,,But for the majority,,it will be pain,,pure and simple.....

AKA Grammie.............

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Uh-oh! Grammie has taken a shot at the Unions! Holy excrement!

(Uh, for you union guys...his reference to the "40 an hour" was aimed at you).

Now THIS is going to be interesting scene to see...suddenly, all these pot-bellied, long-sideburned Appalachians-moved-North who yell and bellow about how Grammie is always right, you should listen to him, he puts those illegals in their place, etc...

...let's see how much they like it, now that "The Sage" has aimed his considerable "intellect" at the Labor Movement...

Hoo-eee...now the Hornet's nest has been fully and properly whacked.

(Deadly silence)

"...Uh, well, um, uh...I said I agree with him SOME of the time, not all the time, etc...."

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Buzz;

I have made many comments concerning Unions over the years,,,,a union is a sword that cuts both ways!!!!! 75,000 bought out ford employees can't be wrong,,along with 33,000 Chrlyser employees,,,tens of thousand of GM employees,,,not to mention the united steel workers (which I was a member of),,and the UMWA,,and many others.....I earned the right to whack the hornets nest.....

AKA Grammie..........

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

aha...the picture comes into clearer focus...

5. PaleRider1966

PaleRider1966 TS Member

Darn grammie, you had your chance here....and you didn't even attempt to answer the question....just went off on another rant. The world is full of bitchers, whiners and complainers, but short on problem solvers.

6. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

If Grammie was President, we would all be dead and he would have won by a single vote, his.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

PaleRider1966:

There is no anwsering that question,,,,But I give you leave-----you attempt too!!!

But be aware,,,,there is no changing GREED,,,,and there is no such thing as a problem solver in the halls of congress........Dosen't our current status tell you that???

AKA Grammie.........

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I would vote for him! He's the best fruitcake around!

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

Grammie has it rght...too late for solutions and no one to impliment them anyway, certainly not our Government...we are in a Global Freefall now and we have to wait for the reckoning....

Get liquid...

Get a CCW or CPL...

It will come down to class warfare...

Grammie will be a leader of the underground resistance...at least in the Western sector, Arizona....True story.

regards

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Being President is a learning experience. You will learn who REALLY runs the show.

They take you down the basement into the War Room, and you come out white as a sheet, and do as your told from then on.

HM

11. chuckles

chuckles Member

I cannot speak for Grammie, he is a lot smarter than I am anyway....

but I can say this...we have done it to ourselves, our complacency, our indifference, our greed, our self indulgence and very importantly our Trust and naviete in thinking our Government would be looking out for us and taking care of us.....it has been our collective undoing.

It will come down to a struggle of Haves and Have nots....

Here is a small glimpse of 2015 and beyond....

The haves have all the money so they will be hiring the Blackwater guys and Triple Canopy guys to look out for their interest's...

The have nots will be fighting each other for scraps of food for their children...

and then there will be the Scavangers, the Tribes, the Colors, the heavy duty Bikers, roving bands that will be taking from both sides...

It may get real ugly...

Russia is presently undergoing this type of politic but their underclass, their poor, their unemployed masses do not have the intelligence and technology that their equivalent's here do.........also

12. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

When you have a car that cost more to fix it than it is worth.
    What do you do?

You get rid of it and buy a new one, or a better one.

This is what this country needs.

Get rid of all the crooked people in there, and start all over.

Bo

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Easy to say, Bo but the masses here still believe the garbage spewed out by the governing class. They equate it to high school sports.

I told a friend once I had voted for an Independent. Response: "Whyja do that? He ain't gonna win!".

So it's way more important to back the winner than to choose responsible government.

Football Mentality, doncha know.

HM

14. grammie

grammie TS Member

BIFF:

Hell man,,,I know that!!! The question you asked was so simple,,but at the same time virtually impossible to anwser,,,,so many things need to be done to set things right!!! It no longer depends on just us--america,,,,we have intertwined with other countries in a business way,,,that we cannot dis-engage,,,we can't!!!! We've come to far...........

AKa Grammie........

15. smartass

smartass TS Member

If grammie were elected president, I have no doubt that he would be as successful as Jimmy Carter.

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

We are loosing benifits at an alarming rate already and it is only going to get worse. Wait and watch. Grammie is pretty much on the money here. JMHO Bill

17. smartass

smartass TS Member

Hey admiral, I love working from dusk till dark on my farm. Now you unionists don't like the self-employed as well as businessmen.

18. angryman7

angryman7 TS Member

he's right, no country survives importing more than they export. i don't think anyone can help our country. rome all over again instead of slaves, illegals

19. smartass

smartass TS Member

Joe, no wonder you're so warped in the head. Eating out of toilets will do that to you.

20. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I agree with Grammie (not on everything) and I spent 20 years defending his right to say what we believes. People have always said that we have to be careful of the "slippery slope". But I think we're already there. We have the best government representatives money can buy. Even John McCain on today's CBS evening news in response to one of Cadie Curric questions said that congress is controlled by special interests. If I were to even win the lottery, the first thing I'd buy would be a US representative and a US Senator. I think I can pick up one of each for under 5 million.

We need term limits but the people that would vote on those limits are the same persons that will loose their jobs. Would you do it??? Let's say every person could only hold office for one six year term in each political office, i.e. six years as US Rep, six years as US Senator and if lucky six years as President. And if the person ran once for the office and failed to win, it's over. No politian would have to campaign but once thus at least limiting the number of special interests that can control him/her.

On immigration - Bring back all the troops from Iraq (we'll leave some there and I'll explain later). Secure BOTH southern and northern borders. Have a five mile military controlled exclusion zone where the "posse comotatise" is not valid. Military control and the right to take military actions on anyone or any nation that tries to come across.

If were to deport every illegal alien immediately, our economy would collapse. The easiest way to devise a "pink" card for all illegals. The pinks could not vote, buy a gun, own property and have the right of free speech. They would never be eligible for citizenship. Children of illegals who were born in the USA would be given provential rights and be eligible for citizenship upon completion of high school and a two year committment in any military OR government assistance plan.

And now for the real biggy. Since we bring back the troops from Iraq, we'll need to re-instate the draft and get all those scum bag, droopy pant, lazy ass, SOB (either male or female) and make them draft eligible. There is no reason that these punks' grandfathers and grandmothers should be taking heat in Iraq while their punk kids walk the streets or in some states, have the states give them an apartment and food and not have to work for this. Not Fair !!!!

Sorry Grammie, didn't mean to steal your thread but had to vent. Too many Dr. Spocks, bleeding heart liberals, and "I want to be a friend to my kids" BS should really stop. But between the ACLU and lawyers in general, kids now have too many rights. They need to know that they also have the right to join the military at age 18.

I'll get off my soap box. Thanks for your time............

Tony G (Texas)
    tonygrz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.