1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IDing old men to buy beer?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What does it say about us, when we put up with government forced foolishness? I’m talking about another thread on this site, where a man wasn’t too happy about being forced to show his id to buy beer in a saloon. The man reported he was 60 years old and still asked to show an id. Most responses to the thread were in the negative against the man.

20 years ago you wouldn’t have seen a 60, 70, 80 or 90 (seen a man at least 85 carded at Wrigley Field) year old man forced to produce an id showing that he was of the legal age to purchase. You can say it is store/company policy but it all came about because of government stupidity. When a government tells somebody it must card everybody it is telling the public they are too stupid to differentiate between a person of the age of 60 or 19. And we accept their impression of us by submitting to such nonsense?

If we’re too stupid to tell the difference between a 70 year old and a person whom might be 20, then we are to damn stupid to fill out their tax forms, wake up in the morning, etc……….

This zero tolerance policy has got to end. We’ve seen stories where a kid is expelled from school because he had in his possession an aspirin, because the school had a “zero tolerance drug policy”. To equate having an aspirin as being the same as doing a line of coke off of a cheerleader's stomach at Homecoming as deserving of the same punishment is asinine! Only the little non thinking government stooge could do that.

Kids have been expelled from school because they had drawn a picture of a gun. Why, because it is a gun free zone. and since we don’t have a brain, a picture of a gun is the same as a real hand grenade.

Where is this going to end? Maybe it is no big deal to card a 60 year so that person can buy beer, but then again it gets you to not thinking. Card everybody no exceptions! Gets you to be a good little government bureaucrat, just follow the written instructions, no brains or thinking needed.

No, no, no exceptions. You must get on the train, it says here in the book. No exceptions, get on the train. I have no choice, it is in the book. Get on the train and it will take you to your new home - Auschwitz. No exceptions.

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Go Man,Go!!!!!!!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The reason for the ID check is the State and Fed liquor control boards send 17 year old kids that look 25 into carryouts, restaurants, and bars to buy beer and see who they can pinch.

So, the store owners make their front counter check out people card EVERYONE to avoid a $5,000 fine and 4 week closure for the first offense. The second offense is worse yet.

If the state control boards would play this game straight up, 100% carding wouldn't happen.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

They ID old farts so these old farts won't sue them for age discrimination if they don't get checked.

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

relax. nobody will id you on nov. 6th!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is any more idiotic than Bloombergs new law agains a large soda... It all comes from the left wing ya know. I will be 70 soon and I have been carded but I just smile and enjoy it. You cannot blame the employee anyway, just doing their job

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Thank you Bisi.

You really hit the nail in the head. ---I abhor arrogant little MODERATOR DELETED that have the common sense of a gnat when it comes to life. In other words their ignorance is no excuse for arrogance.

To all you guys that replied negatively to my original thread; y'all need to quit SUCKIN' UP" and making excuses why this kind of crap is even happining. Evidently none of you except "Bisi" understand why this crap is even happening.

Lots of you accused me of being an unhappy person or the guy that is perpetually stressed out! WRONG!! Couldn't be farther from the truth. What I am very INTOLERANT of is being treated like a know nothing PEON by an ignorant (MODERATOR EDITED) that is being used like a pawn by some government bigshot wielding his/her almighty power with no common sense attached to that power at all.

Most everyone seemed to have missed that point. Obviously you negatives forget who pays those government morons. Or that CRAP flows downhill for that matter. So if any of you who say you want things to change really mean what you say---grow some BALLS and make it happen. To me; SUBMITTING to some stupid ignorant demand coming from a kid young enough to be my grand daughter AINT gonna happen! Store policy or not, Government demand or not, that kind of behavior is just plain WRONG.

Sorry Bisi; I didn't mean to step on your thread. But the whole incident as it happened just really pissed me off. So I had to throw in some extra thoughts.

Thanks, Chuckie

P.S. I don't even drink beer so that wasn't the issue.

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The Gov likes to do alittle here and alittle there till they have the whole pie. In other words you will not notice what your loosing till its to late. To ID 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70 years old is just stupid and un-needed.

I'm in my 50's and if I went some place and they asked for my ID then I would ask for theirs. The reason is I want to make sure they are old enough to serve, be around or in an area of beer.

Why are there change dispensers at registers? Because people today can't count out change. Sad isn't it.

Why are there so many warnings on everything you buy? Because people are to stupid to know what to do and not to do.

9. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Here's a thought: The next time any politician, or one of their flacks for that matter, protests about voters being required to produce identification before they may vote, simply reply that it is no different then any other event. The hypocricy of backing merchants into a corner, using the threat of fines and economic punishment, and eliminating any discretionany judgement by requiring them to I.D. everybody should be evidence enough to support voter I.D. requirements.

Unless of course there is an ulterior motive by those who so strenuously resist any attempt at this requirement.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

So, you need an ID to buy beer, but you don't need one to vote---what the F---!!!!

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.