1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Identifying MTA Former Board Members...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

One of my ongoing projects has been to reconstruct the great history of the Michigan Trapshooting Association. I've had lots of help, particularly on the list of champions (http://www.michigantrap.org/index.php/champion/champion-history/), and I need it again. I'm currently trying to identify the MTA Board Members and Michigan ATA Delegates and Alternates as far back as possible.

The results so far are listed on the MTA web site above. If you have state shoot program pamphlets which contain this information for the missing years, I'd appreciate your email filling in the gaps. At this point, I want to stick with documented evidence.

I'm also really interested in any information about the "Michigan Gun Club League", which must have been the predecessor of the MTA, ending around WWII, and any other, earlier trapshooting organizations in Michigan.

Thanks,

Tom Stewart, MTA President

tstewart@michigantrap.org

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tom; It looks like Barry K on 3 and Cliff S on 4.

Don

3. webman

webman TS Member

Acording to Richard Hamilton Web Master for the PSSA ATA this picture was taken in Pennsylvania and One of the men is J.A.R. Elliot. He did not identify the other three. You can check it out at: http://pssatrap.org/historic-past/page-2.htm

Steve NYSATA WEB MASTER

4. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

It is Jim (JAR) Elliott on post five. Sportalluring

5. blooper

blooper TS Member

1999..Pres, Art Nichole...Sec, Frank Wood....Treas, Robert Trottier.....VP, Robert Trottier.....Directors, Roy Atkinson, Jim DooLittle, Ken Sims, Geo. Snellenberger

6. blooper

blooper TS Member

1998...Pres, Jim DooLittle....VP, Art Nichols....Sec, Doug Trieweiler....Treas, Doug Trierweiler....Directors, Vern Stalter, Frank Wood, Roy Atkinson, Geo. Snellenberger

7. blooper

blooper TS Member

i have a copy of the Jan 15th 1959 articles of incorp.....did they incorporate under a different name before that?

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

blooper

Do you know the names of the ATA Delegate and Alternate(s) for the years you listed?

The Michigan State Shoot was held under the auspices of the "Michigan Gun Club League" in 1939, and the Michigan Trapshooting Association in 1947. I'd appreciate any and all info about how and when these came about, as well as any earlier organizations.

Thanks

9. blooper

blooper TS Member

Tom, the names of the delegates were not recorded with the state of Mi. ...from what i find the leagal name "the MICHIGAN TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCIATION" was first incorporated in Wayne Co. in 1959 by Clifford Miller, Clae Montgomery, J.T. Jones, William Bagget, Lyndell Bird, B.F. Bragg, Howard Marquardt....and these original incorporators also served as the first board of directors of the corporation......its my guess that any previous name before 1959 was either different or was not recorded as a corporation

10. blooper

blooper TS Member

1997.....Pres, Jim Doolittle....VP, Dewayne Kitley....Sec, Doug Trierweiler....Treas, Doug Trierweiler......Directors, Delbert Nye, Art Nichols, Vern Stalter, Frank Wood

11. blooper

blooper TS Member

1996.....Pres, Jim Doolittle....VP, Dewayne Kitley....Sec, Joe Pollo....Treas, Joe Pollo......Directors, Roy Atkinson, Asher McGhee, Delbert Nye, Douglas Trierweiler

12. blooper

blooper TS Member

1995....Pres, Dewayne Kitley.....VP, Delbert Nye.....Sec, Larry Telfer....Treas, Larry Telfer.....directors, Roy Atkinson, Asher McGhee, Jim Doolittle, Joe Polo

13. blooper

blooper TS Member

1994....Pres, D. Kitley.....Vp, D. Nye.....Treas & Sec , L. Telfer......directors, R. Atkinson, A. McGhee, J. Doolittle, J. Polo

14. blooper

blooper TS Member

1993...Pres, Dewayne Kitley, ....VP, (none given)....Treas & Sec , Brian Bellamy....Directors, Delbert Nye, Roy Atkinson, Bob Chadwick, Asher McGhee

15. blooper

blooper TS Member

1992....Pres, Dewayne Kitley....VP, (none given).......Sec & Treas, Brian Bellamy...directors, David Price, William Elliott,Roy Atkinson, Delbert Nye

16. blooper

blooper TS Member

....i also have MTA books from 1969, 1970, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1982....and some of the info appears to differ from yours, but it will require a closer eye

17. blooper

blooper TS Member

David Price is on a document as the president in 1989 (change of registered office)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

joe pollo trapshooting