1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Identifying 28 guage 1100 barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sharhope, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharhope

sharhope Member

Picked up a 28 guage 1100 barrel marked skeet Strangely this barrel has a long tang and is only 23 1/2 inches long although it does not appear cut. the receiver extension is about 3 inches long not the usual inch or so. Does anyone know which era of 1100 this might fit Thanks

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I had one of those as well and I have no idea what it fit? maybe the LW 1100 was built in 28ga as we and it was builll? That is my only thought. I bought a 28 inch skeet barrelt by Simmons and it had the long tang you speak of. There had to be a reason i just do not know what it is. Jeff

3. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Try this site, they have a lot of info on the 1100......

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/journals/1100

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The barrel you have was made by Simmons. It fits on the 20 guage 1100 built on the the full size receiver. It allowed you to shoot 28 guage in the full size 20 guage 1100 by just changing the barrel. HMB

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I bought the barrel from CDNN. I used it for skeet shooting. All I changed was the barrel. The barrel was new when I got it and was made by Simmons. The gun worked fine and could be changed back and forth by just switching barrels. HMB

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

HMB, That is funny as I got my barrel from CDNN as well and after having it for a year and having no use for it I called them and they took it back. I wonder if you wound up with my old barrel? As I recall they were closing out some odds and ends and it was listed in the CDNN flier with a bunch of other odds and ends. Is yours a 28 incher? How well do the 28's cycle in the full size 1100? If it works well and you ever want to sell it consider me a buyer. CDNN is an outfit out of Texas that buys out places and then wholesales to the public. They had the last of the recoiless Brownings for less then 500 bucks and the 28ga and 410ga Browning xt's for 1500.00 bucks. These deals were years ago but perhaps that will give you some ideas. Now, they tend to have more magazines and the foreign built cheaper o/u shot guns, steyr rifles, and sometimes they have police buy out pistols and revolvers.Jeff

7. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

How do you get the 28 ga. barrel ring to go around a 20 ga. magazine tube?

How do you handle extraction?

Ejection?

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

No as I said in my post I had no idea what the barrel was for. It was advertised as a 28 inch, 28ga, Remington 1100 barrel that ws built by Simmions. I don't think CDNN had any idea that they were for full size 20 ga frames. The reason that these barrels fit was because they were made to fit the 20 ga standard frame. As for loading, ejection and extraction I have no idea how they worked as I never used the one I had as I never thought for a second that it might fit on a standard weight 20 ga frame. Jeff

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The barrel was custom made, it had a full size ring that fit on the larger magazine tube. The 20 guage bolt and extractor worked just fine. You only have to put one shell in the mag. tube when shooting skeet. You had to be careful when placing the shell in the mag. tube, it had to be positioned up against the mag. latch inorder for it to stay put. HMB

10. loweight

loweight Member

I had a standard frame 20 ga that had been converted by Simmions. The carrier had been reworked,it had a sleeve that went in the magazine that would hold one shell,Simmions had ground some of the metal from the magazine where the shell went in.I sold it and a 410 this year to a friend in Tyler,tx and he shot both guns this in a few reg shoots. The rib was marked with Simmions on the side.Bobby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.