1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Identify this wad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Ok I traded my buddy some 1 ounce wads for some 1 1/8th once winchester wads (WAA12) and tonight I went to load them. They were marked WAA12 but upon loading a few I noticed I was getting some of these in the bag. I have never seen them before and I think I only loaded about a dozen. I then sorted the bag and about 150 out of the 250 bag were these. I looked on claybusters website but couldn't find any that were similar. The ones I did load were loaded with 18.2 of clays, winchester 209 primer in a AA hull.

catchingchrome_2009_201145.jpg

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Looks like a Remington RXP power piston for either 1 oz or 1-1/8th ounce loads

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

It's a Remington..Not sure what number but it looks close to their 1 1/8 oz. compare the height of the shot cup to the Winchester wad.

Big Jack

4. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I forgot to mention that on the inside of the cup it has the #11 stamped It does fit a 1 1/8 ounce of shot in it.

5. gasman03

gasman03 Member

It is just what "Oldremfan" said is was. I have been reloading a bunch of them and seem to be a good wad.

Corey

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The "11" is merely the number of the individual mold within a whole gang of molds being fed by a manifold.

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

It's a Rem. RXP

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Here are some pictures of the RXP wads that Remington produced when the RXP shells first came out. They were light green in color, and they offered a promotion which was when you bought a case of 500 rounds (20 boxes was a case then) you cut off the shell box top and sent it to Remington. In return they sent you two bags (500) of the wads pictured to reload your empties with, and they also sent 20 of the boxes shown to replace the one you had to cut up to get the rebate wads.

oldremfan_2009_040945.jpg

oldremfan_2009_040946.jpg

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A much friendlier company...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.