1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ideas on making or adding a palm swell to tss

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by thespan, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thespan

thespan TS Member

Hi, i own a skb 85tss, i bought it new with the monte carlo stock cut comb, my thumb is getting caught under the comb because i have it moved away from my face. I am going to cut the end of the comb off and sand down a groove for my thumb...

My Question is, does anyone have any ideas on making a palm swell...

i have been told to use bondo or a material like that but i am not familiar with using it.

open to all ideas.

thank you

2. mt

mt Member

I have seen commercially available adhesive pads that augment a palm swell. it might be nicer than bondo.

check out this link: http://www.lymanproducts.com/pachmayr/index.htm

its called Pac skin. i bet someone from the forum must have used it and can report on it.

hope that helps

3. zinger

zinger Member

theres a product called kneadatite (sp?) that you can get at a hobby store. You knead two strips of claylike putty together, put it on your grip and mold it however you want. Dries hard

4. zinger

zinger Member

I found the link and posted above. good luck

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

You may want to try Gripswell shooting gloves or for a simple and cheap palm swell try a wad of Silly Putty. Take as much or little of it as you want and it will instanly conform to your palm and gun's grip. You can then just peel it of with no damage to the wood.I use the whole container (comes in an egg storage container) of it. Believe I got mine at Kmart (toy dept.) for under $4.00 .

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I do not have pics but When turning my 870 exspress into a "trap gun". I found a used stock and applied a marine grade body filler for raising the comb and creating a pistol grip. I got it roughly where i wanted it then had a autobody friend finish it out when i was happy with the adjustments. It was a bit messy but worked. I have since sold that stock and have bought a XT.

7. 3200

3200 TS Member

Brownells carries one . . .

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7405&title=HAND-EEZ+PALM+SWELL

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

You can also use tennis racket grip wrap to create a palm swell. Wrap it over a piece of dense rubber foam cut to cupped palm size. I have that on two of my guns and it works for a better grip for me. Hap

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The tennis racket wrap called Wilson's Soft Shock is what I use on all my guns. You get about 10' for $3. Just be sure to overlap the edges to get it to lay smooth.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.