1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for trailer to haul speakers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smp005, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

I am looking for ideas for a trailer to carry speakers to and from the line. I want to use a trailer to transport 20 speakers - 4 sets..

Anyone have any pictures? I know there some ideas out there!

Scott Powell

North Lawrence Fish & Game

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We hauled speakers with garden trailers for a while, but the trap help kept tipping them over and breaking the plastic speakers. We were losing money fast. We tried bungee cords and we tried a hand truck with a plywood baseplate and bungee cords. We now carry them out by hand. Slower but more secure. Mark

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hang'em upside down on a rack on the trailer. If you want a sketch, I'll get ya one.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Speakers?- Are these used to amplify the sound of all the cell phones going off on the line?

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Northern Tool is having a sale on some of their ATV trailers.

6. James344

James344 Active Member

Our club modified a small flat cart to hold 20 sets of speakers. Not sure about measurements, but 4 rows built on trailer will hold 5 speakers per row. The bottoms of the speakers slide into the grooves end to end.

james344_2012_0407.jpg

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

We have a plastic storage container on each field for speakers and control box. HMB

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We built little carts that hold the whole biz and store them in large rubbermaid yard containers right on the field by the fence. We have skeet overlay, so under the steps to the high house is perfect.

If you must haul them away to another location the garden carts Home Depot or Northern Tool (shown) sells are dandy and can hold more than one system. A smaller club near us uses these with a little modification for stability.

HM

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

We keep everything in the trap house. Much closer than the clubhouse.

10. Firewater

Firewater Member

good un John. Mike

11. smp005

smp005 Member

Great ideas! I'm trying to envision a rack that would allow 20 speakers to hang from underneath the speaker.. Some way to keep the speakers from banging into each other.. As some of you have said - speaker damage is costly and no matter how much we preach and supervise the trap help, they still seem to get beat up.

We currently strap them to the scorers chairs and wheel them out as one unit - I'm thinking if I can get two trailers - each one can haul speakers for 4 traps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.