1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for increasing palm swell/grip size

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soundaround, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundaround

soundaround Member

Aside from having a new stock made, does anyone have a really slick idea for increasing the size of the grip on a k80 trap special. It would be nice to also slightly augment the palm swell on the right-hand side while doing this and not make it look too awful. The particular stock in question has superb wood and finish. I hope to not detract from either in the process

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wear palm swelled gloves. Do a search on the net. Gripswell is one company. Jon

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Try Rat Grip.

You can get it from the company or from Brownell's. It is heat mold-able with a heat gun and will not harm the wood. If you sell the gun it will "peel off". It is easy to add to and rework as necessary.

I have built an extensive grip modification with the material that includes a palm swell, finger grips, palm shelf and thumb groove - all on a normal K-80 TS stock.

Don Verna

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's with all the right hand fixation?

5. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

This is another vote for the Rat Grip material.
    I would use the rat grip material. You can put it on and take it off with absolutely no fear of harming the finish on your gun. You can keep tweaking the fit and feel till you get it the way you want it. Watch the product training videos on the company website. I have personally used this product several times and give it a big thumbs up.

6. higun

higun Member

ever looked at Kay Ohye's custom palm swell?

7. soundaround

soundaround Member

Thanks to all. The RAT grip material looks to be a reasonable approach for this specific situation. I will report back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do palm swell grips help shooters

increasing palm size